Worst fishing luck week of my life

Loganodum38

I've had long periods of time where I just don't catch a fish....... but that comes no where close to this. So I have 2 secret honey holes, the owners are brothers, they are both 300ish acre ponds (they own a concrete company) well the biggest in one pond is 14 with half a dozen 13s and many 10s,11s,12s caught out of it, the other one is the same way except it has had a 15.1 (6oz off state record) and a 14.8 by the same married couple. So point being, they are monster factories considering they're not trout stocked and in NC. I hooked 3 10+ on a Hudd, (brand new bait is destroyed hung it up in my grandpa's bait shop for advertisement to show these ignorant east coast guys that big baits work), all 3 jumped off at the boat. Then today had some Goliath (never saw the fish) break off a OG 250 on 65# braid. Yeah it suprised me too, and to add on to all that I hooked my thumb bad Sunday spent the night in the er and now I hooked my palm bad and just got it out myself and not to mention had 3 exams this week. So if you think your week is bad cause you got some rash on your mother, think again lol

post-30941-0-25038900-1523669715_thumb.jpg

post-30941-0-77906700-1523669742_thumb.jpg

post-30941-0-22119900-1523669757_thumb.jpg

post-30941-0-72899600-1523669783_thumb.jpg

Showing off that big baits work would be the absolute last thing i would do next thing you know you wont have that edge evreyone wilk be throwing them

It's a close knit group of us and they don't know where I fish and they're too scared to throw em, they just never believed that I caught em on big baits, but even if the 10 of them did, there's enough to go around. No different than posting my success on here where everyone can see vs those 10 guys

This is why I bought a pair of mini bolt cutters. *knock on wood* but I have never hooked myself, but last thing I need is to be 2 miles from the ramp in my kayak and have an ST-56 straight into my hand. 

Always have one in my front hatch as well.  Only had to use them once for hook removal, and it was a 5/0 treble in my shoe.

Ouch, been there, done that and don't want to do it again.  Got myself once, my buddy once, and my dog once.  After I hooked my buddy with a crank bait I really started slowing down and not hurry at all no matter what is happening,  when I am fishing, boat launching, boat loading etc...

Dude that’s rough! Wear some gloves Damn Friday the 13th, Had a fish on with a thumper tail actually poured by butch brown 1st cast ever with the bait had a fish on, tried to bounce it and broke it off LOL

You get to fish ponds with 15, 14,13, 12 pound fish and you want me to feel bad lol? I'll put that hook in the tip of my hog for a 10 pounder bro

It's really starts to get you big headed and not appreciate what fishing is really about, in April of 2014 or 15 I caught 13 fish back to back casts smallest was 5.3 biggest was 7.6. Its a blessing and a curse, that's like a miracle but it makes you not want to fish anywhere else but there and you get so focused and invested in trying to catch a 10 or 15 that you look at a 8 pounder that choked a mag like it's a 12 inch fish with a senko hanging out.