Huddleston files suit

azfisher

If he spent as much time building baits as he did looking for copycats he wouldn't have to worry much competition. I ordered the Huddwalker knowing that it would take a long time, but this is crazy. If it ever comes it'll be the last Hudd I buy. 

I started these swimtailed baits years ago with the wedgetail, and have helped several swimbait manufacturers with baits of this type. I feel for Ken and wish him well in his defense attempt. Just visually looking at the side view of the Bp bait ,and not having one in hand, it looks to be an exact copy of Kens, except for a weird little bump on the bottom rear portion of the tail. BP should have contacted me, and I could have built them a tail of their own,ha...

Edited by bobk
An addition.

2 hours ago, bobk said:

I started these swimtailed baits years ago with the wedgetail, and have helped several swimbait manufacturers with baits of this type. I feel for Ken and wish him well in his defense attempt. Just visually looking at the side view of the Bp bait ,and not having one in hand, it looks to be an exact copy of Kens, except for a weird little bump on the bottom rear portion of the tail. BP should have contacted me, and I could have built them a tail of their own,ha...

lol

that weird little bump is from the injection mold i believe.  Also, go BP.  Ken is a jerk with zero people skills.  I couldn't care less if he lost. Part of business is improving your business, your processes, etc.  His product has only gotten lower quality and more expensive over time.  Glad to see someone come in, it's not like has done anything positive for this community in the past 10 years.

It costs a small fortune to sue, nowadays, and no guarantee of success. I find it hard to believe that BP would copy a patented bait unless they know something we don't. I had a manufacturer tell me one time, that they would prefer to sue a large company with the bucks, than a small garage bait builder, for obvious reasons. Ken is covering his tracks at the get go, this time, as he lost all of his money spent on his last suit. Patents are only good, if you can afford to enforce them, which leaves out the little guys. Buzzards are always in the trees, waiting and watching, ha...

Man...he's going against a giant.  With all Basspro's other copy cat lures, I'm sure they got their asses protected to a tee.  It will either settle out of court or he's in for a long battle.

Edited by emjay