Help me out....

Darth Baiter

That sucks Danny. I don't post on here much becuase I don't toss swimbaits as much as I should, just so many kinds of fish to fish for. But in my time here i have noticed you are always willing to help guys out. So PM me your address and I'll send you a small contribution toward the total you are out. Maybe several of us here can do that and make you whole.

Mike

I'd be willing to do the same. Danny, PM me your paypal email...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That whole scenario just seems lame. Sounds like the guy made it way more complex so he could scam both you and the guy wanting the reel. That's really too bad to hear. Best of luck resolving the situation.

I really feel for you, darth baiter. It sucks when someone takes advantage of your generosity. And I've seen you extend that generosity more than one on here in the short time I've been a SU reject.

I've been ripped off once before too on a bait trade, and it's infuriating. I did some digging on BBC and found his username is duckyaz over there. He hasn't been active for nearly a month though.

Google turned up an article on his military service and fishing for the ASU team.

http://www.statepress.com/2011/10/26/from-camo-to-casting-off/

Don't know if the url will post here, but here's a quote from the article. Google Doug Coplan, Jr and it'll come up.

Kind of ironic. :?

"I don’t deal with stupid stuff. I don’t put up with it anymore. I’ll give the shirt off my back for anyone but if they take advantage of it with no appreciation, forget that.â€

The article is also helpful enough to list his sponsors. Denali rods, Tackle Warehouse, Columbia. I'm sure they would appreciate a call to let them know about their prostaffers "integrity."

I do hope he will see these posts, man up and settle things with you, Darth.

First of all, I thank everybody on here, this is definitely the most supportive site out there. I got flamed on another site, but I choose not to retaliate. I'm shocked at the support of you guys, there are good people out there for sure. This matter is being taken care of. Hopefully I can help some of you guys out like you have helped me. Thanks again!

I really feel for you, darth baiter. It sucks when someone takes advantage of your generosity. And I've seen you extend that generosity more than one on here in the short time I've been a SU reject.

I've been ripped off once before too on a bait trade, and it's infuriating. I did some digging on BBC and found his username is duckyaz over there. He hasn't been active for nearly a month though.

Google turned up an article on his military service and fishing for the ASU team.

http://www.statepress.com/2011/10/26/from-camo-to-casting-off/

Don't know if the url will post here, but here's a quote from the article. Google Doug Coplan, Jr and it'll come up.

Kind of ironic. :?

"I don’t deal with stupid stuff. I don’t put up with it anymore. I’ll give the shirt off my back for anyone but if they take advantage of it with no appreciation, forget that.â€

The article is also helpful enough to list his sponsors. Denali rods, Tackle Warehouse, Columbia. I'm sure they would appreciate a call to let them know about their prostaffers "integrity."

I do hope he will see these posts, man up and settle things with you, Darth.

Awesome job man! :D This guy needs a beat down!

First of all, I thank everybody on here, this is definitely the most supportive site out there. I got flamed on another site, but I choose not to retaliate. I'm shocked at the support of you guys, there are good people out there for sure. This matter is being taken care of. Hopefully I can help some of you guys out like you have helped me. Thanks again!

Dan your a good guy! Sorry that shiz happened to you! You are right there are still good peeps in the world......just not many of them! :lol::lol::lol:

Glad to hear it is being taken care of!

chasenbass

That sucks Danny. I don't post on here much becuase I don't toss swimbaits as much as I should, just so many kinds of fish to fish for. But in my time here i have noticed you are always willing to help guys out. So PM me your address and I'll send you a small contribution toward the total you are out. Maybe several of us here can do that and make you whole.

Mike

I'd be willing to do the same. Danny, PM me your paypal email...

Me too. Sorry to see that happen to you Danny.

I'm in too DB for the paypal. Just send me your info.

Sorry to hear about the headache. Guys like this force the real good guys to be weary about dealing. It just takes a few to ruin the bunch :evil::|

Hope it all works out!!

Hey Danny,what the latest on this ish-y deal.Have you gotten anything resoled or talked to this A-s hole.Just haven't heard anything in awhile and wanted to know the latest.So sorry some people just have to try to ruin a good thing but good will come out of this i'm sure. ;)

Hey Danny,what the latest on this ish-y deal.Have you gotten anything resoled or talked to this A-s hole.Just haven't heard anything in awhile and wanted to know the latest.So sorry some people just have to try to ruin a good thing but good will come out of this i'm sure. ;)

Everything is all buttoned up and done, thanks for the concern and the help from everybody!! :);)

I hate to come on here this way, but I hope somebody will see this and i can get some sort of resolution out of this. A few weeks ago, I sold a Dobyns 795 ML Swimbait Rod for $125 to Doug Coplan Jr, also known on here as DC*ASU. He didnt have the money yet, so he was supposed to have sold a Quantum Smoke reel for $170 to get the money. He posted it on a few sites, and he did get the money, but he was going to have the other guy send me the money via Paypal, then i was supposed to send him the remainder of the money that was left over along with the rod. Doug tells me that he needs the rod soon, he had a tournament he was fishing that week, so I sent it out. I get an e-mail from the other guy , who goes by "gambler freak" on Bass Boat Central, asking if i had sent the reel out. I told him that I did not have the reel, Doug had it and was supposed to be sending it to him. I PMed Doug on Swimbait Underground reminding him to send the reel out to the guy who was buying it from him. I sent out the rod to Doug, but i was being asked by the other guy if I had heard from Doug( who seems to take a long time to respond to PMs, maybe he has a good reason), I just told him I asked him to send the reel out. Weeks go by, and gambler freak has still not seen the reel. He said he talked to Doug, and Doug told him it was sent out. A week ago, I recieved a Paypal Dispute asking for the $170 back from gambler freak. He still hadnt seen it, and so I called Doug asking if it was sent out. Doug said that he sent it, and that it should be there soon. STILL NO REEL...... Gambler Freak and I both tried calling Doug again, no response to either. I had also PMed him a few times, no response. Gambler Freak told me that Doug had told him that My Paypal account was HIS!! Finally , I got another Paypal Dispute notice, so I called Paypal and told them what happened. The case got resolved, but now my Paypal account is negative $170 and the other guy does not have his reel. I need to get reimbursed for the money I lost. Doug can keep the rod, but I need the money back. I want to see if you guys can help me find him, and let him know. I want a peaceful ending to this. I dont want to call the police or anything like that, but I will if i have to. Please PM me if you have any info.

Thanks,

Danny AKA Darth Baiter

this guy can get it for falsifying identity and for petty theft and something for interfering with your bank account telling him the pay pal is his.....something is screwed up there.... cut his balls off, and feed them to the crawdads.......( :

that last name is very familiar i believe he is a problem on SBN... i may have dealt with him..