Low Down Customs Ratings

JoshPerkins802

I have a H action LDC rod that I've used for Deps 250s (6.5 oz) but its far from ideal.  You are lobbing the bait more than casting it.  I never felt like the rod would break - it works in a pinch for baits that size.  I now use Dobyns 867 rods for baits of that size which are much better suited.  Like everyone else, it took longer to get the LDC rods than I was originally told.  They are fine rods, but I wish Ben would be more realistic on his timing.  I have switched over to Dobyns rods now for the most part, and since they now are built with Fuji guides, I have zero complaints.

There's a Swimbaits Chronicles video where the guy sits down with Ben and asks a lot of questions. He says in the videos that they go through several hours of fishing to get the ratings spot on. It's a good video to watch if you have spare time. He even mentions a working class zero LDC rod. 

1 minute ago, basskickinredneck said:

Dont get me wrong the rods are great but the turnaround is long at least say 6-9 month wait times is all

I won my fantasy football league and decided to invest the money in a LDC rod. I ordered at the end of December and was quoted 8 weeks for a production rod.  I had to wait 16 weeks to get it.  At first I was mad around weeks 9 or 10 and was questioning why didn't I just order a F5. I eventually got it and am happy with it. I completely understand what you are saying though.

Interesting that lots are complaining of the longer than anticipated wait times. I'm not sure the difference in those orders and mine....? He quoted me 3 months and it took exactly 3 months and 2 days for them to arrive.

1 minute ago, Shimano77 said:

Interesting that lots are complaining of the longer than anticipated wait times. I'm not sure the difference in those orders and mine....? He quoted me 3 months and it took exactly 3 months and 2 days for them to arrive.

Custom or production?