2 PBs in one week!!!

Rod Bendhard

Hey guys been a minute since I posted on here, been too busy fishing! Went out the other day test swimming a diving rat bait I made. I was cranking it down probably a good 2-3 feet when I hooked into what was easily my PB pickerel. Normally, I try to avoid these guys but I'll take one this size any day especially on a homemade lure. 

Flash forward exactly one week. I go out again throwing the same lure at the exact same spot, I'm talking identical cast to the exact same log. This time I'm slowly waking it with long pauses. I get the rat about halfway back to the yak and BAM this fat momma just inhales it. At first I think it's the same pickerel until it come up and I see it's probably the fattest bass I've seen in my life! I didn't have a scale but she measured 23x15 inches. Feels amazing to catch PB's on something you made yourself! IMG_2586.thumb.PNG.b57e27ae3c0404b85c8cb85e28827881.PNGIMG_2659.thumb.PNG.659edf665b68c62452c02e1c5a81ad47.PNG