replacing eyes on Deps lures

kdatwe

I seem to have trouble keeping the eyes on my Deps lures... is this a problem any of you experience? Do you have a preference for replacement eyes? I'm guessing super glue is the best adhesive to re-install? 

16 hours ago, kdatwe said:

I seem to have trouble keeping the eyes on my Deps lures... is this a problem any of you experience? Do you have a preference for replacement eyes? I'm guessing super glue is the best adhesive to re-install? 

I have some extra eyes. PM me your address and I’ll send ya a pair or two

I've been fishing one of mine with no eyes and they still crush it. The residual glue left on the bait looks like the scar tissue that forms when a fish looses an eye. I do plan to grab some random eyes when I eventually get to a bass pro. I read here the diameter of the eyes is 6mm though I've also seen people say it's 7mm for the 175.

I suspect it's more for my aesthetic appeal than the fish - if you think about it lures like plastic worms and jigs don't have eyes (for the most part) and they probably account for the majority of fish right? 

• 11 months later...
On 6/8/2018 at 11:17 AM, BOZ said:

I have some extra eyes. PM me your address and I’ll send ya a pair or two

Where have you been getting your replacements, BOZ?  I had a bass knock one off my BB 250 last week!

24 minutes ago, t8erbug said:

Where have you been getting your replacements, BOZ?  I had a bass knock one off my BB 250 last week!

I got them from a member here. 

6 hours ago, t8erbug said:

https://www.jettsonlures.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwoInnBRDDARIsANBVyAQ5m4Al8BUV_oMJ1eevRlQxNZ-X-6Bl1RFHp7D6hBIpLnt29kVfnWQaAg0ZEALw_wcB