PM me Rant

northeast_trev

"I'll take it, dm me your paypal" "is this bait still for sale? (on a 2yr old post)" "very interested, shoot me a text"

been seeing this a lot lately, and i know i'm not the damn forum police but it's been driving me nuts

If someone has an item for sale/ for trade on the Black Market and you're interested - you should PM the seller, not the other way around. "pm me i'm super interested" takes just as long to write in a personal message, where the seller will get an email notification. 

/rant

Some people are used to having everything done for them, must be nice... It never fails to amaze me what people don't notice. I personally get bothered by all the posts on the Underground that can be answered with a 2 minute google search. It takes way more time to make a topic and wait for replies than to google how much a friggin Deps weighs...

10 minutes ago, MaineBassin said:

Yep. Better to pm. By the time you reply someone else could have pmed them and you lose out 

LOL I did that to someone yesterday... They should have just PM'd/texted the seller like they asked. 

Edited by zsneezes

Yeah, well this works two ways guys. I recently pmed a guy with something for sale I wanted and was first response to his post, posted I'd pmed him and got no response form him and product sold to someone else. So what to do? Not much ya can do and I'm not gonna gripe bout spilled milk, but it happens both ways.

57 minutes ago, Jig-N-Spoon said:

Yeah, well this works two ways guys. I recently pmed a guy with something for sale I wanted and was first response to his post, posted I'd pmed him and got no response form him and product sold to someone else. So what to do? Not much ya can do and I'm not gonna gripe bout spilled milk, but it happens both ways.

How do you know you were the first to pm him? 

Don't know for sure. But there were no notifications of anyone else and got no response from him one way or the other, ever. Just rude in my opinion but whatever, it is what it is.

I agree with you 100%, it's rude if done purposefully. No doubt it's a kinda d!@$ move, but like you said it's not something to let bother you.  However, I've been flooded with PM's about a certain bait before, only to then get maybe 1 reply to the topic itself (on more than one occasion). I just did it recently, sold all of the baits thru PM and then never checked the listing again once it was bumped down the page.

It's also really easy to open a message from someone who messaged you after 3+ others, wait to make sure the first guy in line comes thru, and then forget to go back and respond to everyone. It also doesn't help when all of the subjects are titled the same way, or that half my transactions over the years resulted in exchanging phone #s out of convenience. 

Not an excuse, I know, and I will say that the new website has fixed allot of those issues. Idk if that's what happened here at all, and I'm not saying I've never ghosted anyone before, but it's food for thought

Just my two cents here... agree with buyer should should pm ... the seller should be conscientious to CHECK PM’s!!!  As soon as bait is sold, seller should post that fact..if seller wants to expedeate the process post # to text.... But again post results promptly.... I myself am guilty of pm’ing a question , most often as to who the maker is ... simply because there are so many  builders that one doesn’t see represented in conventional tackle stores, all those I’ve pm’ed with that question have answered, thank you ... sometimes it’s difficult to google or check Instagram if one doesn’t know....one last ( OMG this is turning into a rant ...s;%T..lol) thing when putting lures up for sale list what they are most do this some don’t!!!   Michel... Go Fish!!!