Okuma Nomad Xpress Swimbait Travel Rods

danthefisherman

Now THIS is something I might have to jump on for travel situations...if anyone has experience with these please chime in, thanks!

Okuma Nomad Xpress Travel Rod 7'11" Heavy
Taper          Line Wt.   Lure Wt.    Guides       Handle Type    Handle Length    Price
Med-Fast    12-25lb      1-4oz      11+Tip    Nomad Travel A       21-1/4"      $119.99    

Okuma Nomad Xpress Travel Rod 7'11" Extra Hvy
Taper    Line Wt.    Lure Wt.    Guides       Handle Type       Handle Length    Price
Fast       15-30lb      2-8oz       11+Tip    Nomad Travel A         21-1/4"      $119.99

I covet my Citrix travel 4 piece, 1-4oz rod.  It is my EVERYTHING when I backpack to deep woods ponds and know that I am the ONLY person able to present a big bait in such a location. 

I wrote to Okuma for the two years that they had them discontinued.  I remember Mike Bennet telling me the reason was, as expected lack of sales/interest.  

I am ECSTATIC that they are releasing these!  Going to be one of my few zero-hesitation purchases.

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2018 at 11:01 PM, KeepinItReelFishing said:

I covet my Citrix travel 4 piece, 1-4oz rod.  It is my EVERYTHING when I backpack to deep woods ponds and know that I am the ONLY person able to present a big bait in such a location. 

I wrote to Okuma for the two years that they had them discontinued.  I remember Mike Bennet telling me the reason was, as expected lack of sales/interest.  

I am ECSTATIC that they are releasing these!  Going to be one of my few zero-hesitation purchases.

Sent You a PM.

I just got the 7'11" 1-4oz last week from TW. Its a nice setup and travel case. The joints that sleeve together are about 4" and give a solid feel when connected. Its more of a Fast Taper than advertised as a MF. It's a little stiff, but i think its going to be cool for pond hoping while out on road trips. The Handle length is pretty long as well, which i like. Havent got to throw anything with it yet, but i will post more about it after i do.

Ive had the XH for about a month  now. No complaints at all.  Ive thrown everything from 2oz soft baits to 250's.  Performs great!  I prefer it mostly for big soft baits since it has so much back bone but you can throw glides just fine on it.  For the price i dont think you can beat it.  Going to buy the heavy soon so my travel set up will be a little more flexible.  

• 3 months later...

I hit the bullet and just ordered the xh as a Christmas present for myself. Looking forward to using it on business trips. I usually bring my fly rod and chase trout and pike on those trips, but it will be nice to have flexibility. I really need to stop browsing SU! It always winds up costing me a chunk of change!

Edited by Amistoad