Scammed

dylan628

So I just got scammed a mother. Best action to do I have no clue I want my money back but it seems like getting police involved would be a bit over the top. But the kid blocked me and won’t return my messages plus I have a friend trying to get his name and address from him and the kid said the mother is still available. Do I get the cops involved or cut my loss. 

I’m guessing SOL means sh!t out of luck lol that’s a new one for me 

1 hour ago, chefchris said:

Did you pay PayPal goods and services? 

If so you can open a case and get your $$ back 

if you did friends and family your SOL 

Edited by Josh626

5 hours ago, dylan628 said:

So I just got scammed a mother. Best action to do I have no clue I want my money back but it seems like getting police involved would be a bit over the top. But the kid blocked me and won’t return my messages plus I have a friend trying to get his name and address from him and the kid said the mother is still available. Do I get the cops involved or cut my loss. 

If it's the guy listed below, ATX swimbait, I just got his parents names, his address and parents phone number.  Calling parents has worked in the past for things like this. Send me a PM and I will pass on the info if that's who it was. 

22 minutes ago, High Power Swimbaits said:

If it's the guy listed below, ATX swimbait, I just got his parents names, his address and parents phone number.  Calling parents has worked in the past for things like this. Send me a PM and I will pass on the info if that's who it was. 

Nevermind I just talked to who I thought it was. Different person who was involved in another scam deal. 

Call the cops, fill out on online report and submit all information in relation to purchase and communication with this bum. All of it. Kid, old man, woman, whatever. Do it.  And do what you can to get your money back, all of it, at worst the incident becomes public record. You think you're the first? Maybe think there's a chance this is some misunderstanding? You are not and it is not. You're probably the 10th or worse, 20th, 30th, who knows and it doesn't matter. This bum didn't just happen to have this event fall into his/her apparent favor. It was planned. You were robbed. If this were ten or twenty bucks then I'd suggest live and learn but what you describe is a considerably significant amount of money. You'd not only be doing yourself but other anglers and quite possibly the public at large a big favor. And who says this bum only uses this tactic with anglers and only with this specific bait? I'd venture there are several if not dozens of methods surrounding multiple industry depicting a similar scam that will not stop until authorities put the foot down. Even IF you get your money back, do it anyway. There is a big legal difference for a thief who in turn tried to do the right thing vs a thief who did or does not. It is what it is and you owe this bum zero consideration. You got nothing so give nothing. You get what you give.