Any kayak Swimbait fishers

MJS.6

6 hours ago, will hughes said:

i have the ascend 10t does yours sink too? hahaha

Luckily no lol. I think I've had it like 8-10 years now, bottom of the hull is scratched to hell, but it's been a trooper. It's seen quite a few mods over the years and I usually have it out April into November every year. Me + gear is probably 200lbs so it stays plenty high in the water. 

1 hour ago, NEbucketmouth19 said:

Luckily no lol. I think I've had it like 8-10 years now, bottom of the hull is scratched to hell, but it's been a trooper. It's seen quite a few mods over the years and I usually have it out April into November every year. Me + gear is probably 200lbs so it stays plenty high in the water. 

really? mine sits low and sinks I am going to repair the entire hull this winter and put a 3m guard over it 

On 11/4/2018 at 11:36 AM, will hughes said:

i have the ascend 10t does yours sink too? hahaha

LOL, my Ascend 12 had a mysterious, intermittent leak that I could never figure out where in pluperfect hell it was coming from.

Would be fine for 5 trips and I'd nearly sink miles from civilization on the 6th. Then good for a couple more trips. Someone finally stole it, I laugh every time I think about that son of a "Not Allowed" getting out in the middle of the lake and sinking in my stolen boat.

Bought a Pelican Catch 120 and never looked back.

1 minute ago, Wes Peart said:

LOL, my Ascend 12 had a mysterious, intermittent leak that I could never figure out where in pluperfect hell it was coming from.

Would be fine for 5 trips and I'd nearly sink miles from civilization on the 6th. Then good for a couple more trips. Someone finally stole it, I laugh every time I think about that son of a "Not Allowed" getting out in the middle of the lake and sinking in my stolen boat.

Bought a Pelican Catch 120 and never looked back.

I hit mine on a rock or something but I fell ya on the sinking part going to repair the hull than got a guard to put over it 

• 2 weeks later...

Been fishing out of my current yak for 4 years now. PA 14. Also does lots of time on the bays and coastal marshes. 

Previously I used a Tarpon 160 and before that, a boat. Lots of guys kayak fish here, but hardly anybody wher I am throws swimbaits. It’s good because the fish don’t see anything I’m throwing often enough to get educated!

A32C7B84-9C3D-40D0-A578-879E791E0307.jpeg

Edited by Amistoad

On 11/22/2018 at 12:07 PM, Amistoad said:

Been fishing out of my current yak for 4 years now. PA 14. Also does lots of time on the bays and coastal marshes. 

Previously I used a Tarpon 160 and before that, a boat. Lots of guys kayak fish here, but hardly anybody wher I am throws swimbaits. It’s good because the fish don’t see anything I’m throwing often enough to get educated!

A32C7B84-9C3D-40D0-A578-879E791E0307.jpeg

super cool setup  one of my dream yaks right there