Dobyns 867 actual weight range

Bass the east

Can someone tell me what the actual weight range is on the 867. People are saying 2-5oz is the sweet spot, some guys are even saying they throw their hardgills on it. Can it really handle those lighter baits and if so, are you bending out your #1 trebles?

For me, the lowest ive gone is a swaver 168, and the highest being a deps 250 ive never had anything heavier than the 250, but this thing can truly chuck anything.

I throw a strong shad 7.5" or 7" (dont remember the size) and i can throw it a country mile. Ive boat flipped a 4 pounder with this setup on some CHEAP walmart hooks, never had a problem.

Id give my middle nut for this rod. 10/10

I feel like a middle nut would be more valuable than a fishing rod. Left or right I could see giving up, but the middle nut? I’d probably reconsider that mamma jamma. 

I don’t own an 867 but the consensus I’ve seen is that it’s a do it all type for a lot of folks.  And Dobyns has a sweet deal hooking up AD and vets with 30% off. Taken advantage of that a few times. 

5ish is definitely around the sweet spot. the lightest I've ever thrown on the rod is a 3:16 minnow. If you really pay attention to it you can feel the minnow boot tail kicks. Heaviest is my 8oz shad. I have not bend out any hooks on this rod. I flipped a 6lber once and broke the tip then got a new one and flipped many other 6lbers after that with no problem. I think it was just a deflect. This is by far one of my favorite rod. 

13 hours ago, dheath2 said:

I feel like a middle nut would be more valuable than a fishing rod. Left or right I could see giving up, but the middle nut? I’d probably reconsider that mamma jamma. 

I don’t own an 867 but the consensus I’ve seen is that it’s a do it all type for a lot of folks.  And Dobyns has a sweet deal hooking up AD and vets with 30% off. Taken advantage of that a few times. 

Same here can’t beat those prices, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten such a high discount anywhere else as these guys offer, when i contacted them while  deployed to Afghanistan  they sent over a box full of t-shirts and other swag to show support to the unit, dudes are big time military supporters. Only thing they asked for was some pics of us (pretty much me) wearing the t-shirts while working, i was totally honored to do so and sent them some pics of me loading about 10x of explosives on one of our F-16’s. Even slapped on a dobyns sticker on one of the bombs that we dropped that week. Merica