Life Changes (kinda wordy)

surfk9

Hey SU family... haven't been on in while... joined SU in November 2016...although I've never met any of you personally, I have pm'ed with folks, spent my time in the Black Market lol...spend most of my time in the Grassroots forum...Towards the end of January, I like a good deal of other folks was anticipating Ceaser's Toxic Day...from my home to the Delta is 150 miles one direction... been doing it for 25 years... it's my place to fish!!! That Saturday I fell ill with the flu, was lethargic felt like crap... my wife knew how much I was looking forward to making the run... she offered to drive me Sunday ... just couldn't muster the strength... at one point on Sunday I felt a dull pain below my right side rib cage... but Monday afternoon I was in ER... admitting Doc thought I had kidney stones, gall stones or appendicitis...following a CATScan of my abdomen the results were in... Holy Crap Batman, the Doc couldn't look the wife & I in the eyes...I'm sorry to have to tell you but you have cancer on liver & it's not the primary source...at that point I was admitted... over the next three days it was ascertained to be tumor on my esophagus... The crazy thing is that I had a wellness exam for Medicare in October (I'm 67) passed with flying colors all blood work on liver normal blah,blah, blah... Needless to say it hits one like a Mack Truck...a month later I have been thru two infusion sessions... fortunately the Chemo Cocktail is performing well, the liver markers have decreased immensely, one by half the other by two thirds. Positive days but a long road to travel... Esophageal cancer is not a good one to have (damn none are!!!) but people are surviving ... my wife Cynthia of 39 years has been my Rock... about three weeks ago she handed me her IPad ... get on SU wake up Michel you can't sit here vegetating, for the last two years you're on SU constantly , start working on your lures ... She brought me outta my funk... thank you SU... am now in the process of getting my lures ready for The Official 2019 Grassroots Bait Swap... one last mention about this cancer... if one looks at "signs" of esophageal cancer there are about 8-10 ... of those , if you toss out alcohol ( I'm a single malt scotch fan) I had ONE other sign GERD or acid reflux... at some point in our we begin to have colonoscopies... rarely an endoscopy ( which is how they discovered my tumor) these aren't performed regularly due to the " rarity" of this cancer... if you suffer from acid reflux I implore you to please speak with your primary physician & have it checked out!!! I'm back the wife & I are taking it one day at a time Marching Forward... See you on the Water... Michel... Go Fish!!!

1A304C52-47FC-4763-BD07-E295D2A59514.jpeg

Edited by surfk9
Add pic

CANCER SUCKS!!!!!! I've lost two of my grandparents to cancer. The biggest advice that I can give you is don't give up. Keep fighting and making baits! Don't ever give up because it's not just you that goes through this. your family goes through it with you as well albeit not physically but emotionally. I pray that your next visit you will get the news that you are CANCER FREE! Keep your head up!