Life Changes (kinda wordy)

surfk9

Sorry to hear man. 

I think cancer has an effect on everyone, everyone knows somebody that’s fought it, lived through it or passed from it. 

My pops has had 2 different kinds, he was 59 and then again right before his 60th birthday.  (colon and then liver) in a 2 year time span, really kicked his ass, but did surgeries/chemo/pills/port, the whole program. He beat it and has a clean bill of health. 

You have to stay positive and motivated as much as possible, even if it’s half of what you’re use to, just keep grinding man. 

Happy to have you involved in the grassroots swap and glad that’s helping you thru this difficult time. 

Tell the wife you love her and be thankful. 

Michael, I’m sorry to hear this— it hits home hard. But I can tell you first hand, my dad has had stage 4 prostate/bone cancer for almost 5 years now. And what I believe has kept him going this long is having a positive attitude and continuing your every day life. Do what you love to do every day. It sounds like that’s the path you’re on and that’s great. I wish you the best and keep fighting no matter what! 

-Tony 

21 minutes ago, chefchris said:

My pops has had 2 different kinds, he was 59 and then again right before his 60th birthday.  (colon and then liver) in a 2 year time span, really kicked his ass, but did surgeries/chemo/pills/port, the whole program. He beat it and has a clean bill of health. 

Similar story, my pops is working through stage 4 colon cancer, metasticized to his liver.  Last year the oncologist prognosis was 3-4 months left and he was hesitant to talk about treatment.  12 months of chemo, radiation and surgeries and he just got cleared for a final surgery to remove his colon and lymph nodes that have tumors and active cancer cells.  We’re hopeful.  

He only weighs about 110 lbs, chemo was rough on him but he was always looking forward to fishing the week after infusion. I think it helped push him through a lot of it.  He had to lay low over the winter, no fishing, but I did take him to Toxic Day.....he dug it.  Hopefully we get to the second event.  

Hang in there stay positive and stay focused on doing the things you’ve lived to do.  

Michel, thank you for sharing your story with us. As someone who recently stepped into the ring with cancer (prostate) and went through surgery, chemo and radiation, I totally get where you’re coming from. The initial diagnosis stuns like a 12” Slammer to the head and the treatment options never sound great. Still, grinding through treatment beats the alternative in most cases and, as others have said, keeping a positive attitude with good support is key. Treat it like throwing swimbaits - each cast gets you one step closer to your next PB — each step in treatment hopefully gets you one step closer to your desired diagnosis.

Hang in there...we are all rooting for you.

Michel, I'm not a wealthy man so, I can't send you money to help you with medical bills or financial struggles. I will however, give you the most valuable thing that I have. 

1 Corinthians 15:3-6 (ESV)
3  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
4  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,
5  and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
6  Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 

God is Holy and man is not. All men have sinned against God and as a result are spiritually dead in their sins. God's justice requires that payment be made for sinning against Him. The payment for sinning against God is eternity under His wrath. That's pretty bad news for all mankind. The Good news is that while we were sinning against God, He sent His son Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for your sin. Jesus was slaughtered on a cross, buried in a borrowed grave, raised from the dead three days later by the power of God and then He ascended into heaven to sit on His throne at the right hand of God the Father.  

God commands all men to turn from their known sins and to place their faith for salvation in Jesus Christ. 

Going fishing, building lures, having a positive outlook and being strong might make things bearable here on earth for a while but, they won't do anything for making eternity any better. Only faith in Christ can accomplish that.

I'll be praying that God would heal you physically but most importantly that He would save you for eternity.

God Bless,

Jack

12 hours ago, carlsbadbassin89 said:

Damn bro so sorry to hear. Sounds like your a warrior and your making good progress. Give your wife a hug and tell her thank you for us. Praying for you and your family that you make a full recovery. 

Couldn't have said it better.

12 hours ago, carlsbadbassin89 said:

Damn bro so sorry to hear. Sounds like your a warrior and your making good progress. Give your wife a hug and tell her thank you for us. Praying for you and your family that you make a full recovery. 

Couldn't have said it better.