Southern Trout Eaters Question

kscatman76

Dumb question I know, but were those northern strain or florida strain largemouth in that DVD?  I didn't think the northern strain got to 10 pounds very often at all is why I'm asking.  I know the Arkansas fish were northern but not sure about the rest? 

i live in NY and i can confirm that these northern strain have no problem eating trout, i fish small state park lakes and crush trout eaters all year long, no doubt, bass will eat anything they can fit in their mouth

Here in WA I once caught a 4lber with a decomposing trout tail sticking out of its throat. The trout was obviously too long for the bass to swallow completely, but it didnt stop it from trying. Icing on the cake is I caught it on a hudd 68 so either she was super territorial or just couldn't resist stuffing her face with trout at any opportunity she could!

Northerns are absolutely prone to eating trout especially if the body of water is stocked with planters.

Edited by 253caster

I haven't seen the videos to know where the fish were caught in arkansas, but we have some floridas here too.  They stock floridas in some of our lakes, but its normally only smaller city lakes.  Without knowing where those arkie fish were from, I can't really say, even then, still probably northerns.  If they take hold and survive, some of our little city lakes are sleeper lakes for some big floridas, but we borderline being to cold for them and they are finicky.

Do you know where what lake was fished in arkansas?

On 3/26/2019 at 2:12 PM, CG_Fishes said:

i live in NY and i can confirm that these northern strain have no problem eating trout, i fish small state park lakes and crush trout eaters all year long, no doubt, bass will eat anything they can fit in their mouth

i second this, several years ago we found a 13lber floating dead choked with a 17" crappie in its mouth in NC