Leader Length ?

sofakingbigbass

I rig mine different, I do mine like my surf striper set ups

50lb braid to a spro 130lb swivel, then 2' of 20-30lb mono or fluro, depending on bait/depth desired. 

leader is usually tied to a decoy clip or tied direct on some baits (soft baits mostly) 

Very good topic. I use the length that I am comfortable having outside rod tip during a cast, usually 2-3 feet.  I have been using 40 lb fluoro which is fairly thick. I don't like the sound of it entering rod so I don't go longer. The length often prevents me from changing lures.

I only use this on one setup for soft baits with single hooks. 80# braid with a 10’ leader of 20# flouro. Bloodknot has never failed me and I trim the tag ends right against the knot so it goes through the guides with ease. Good luck. 

15 hours ago, tblando said:

I only use this on one setup for soft baits with single hooks. 80# braid with a 10’ leader of 20# flouro. Bloodknot has never failed me and I trim the tag ends right against the knot so it goes through the guides with ease. Good luck. 

I'll second this.