S Waver / Glide question

Freefall

I'd like to get my Waver 68s a little deeper. I was thinking about using those storm strips or dots but I wasn't sure if they would affect the action or not. 

Have any of you used them or have any advice for getting them to sink a tad faster?

Thank you in advance. 

Try heavier gauge hooks and rings first 

i use the storm strips but I wrap em on the hook shank, so that if I decide I want to fish it higher in the water column it’s an easy hook swap. 

Plus i think it looks clearer than strips stuck to the bait, personal preference 

I use the suspend dots on mine and they work fine, just make sure to spread them out so it doesn't nose down or anything. You want to make sure the bait still sits horizontal in the water. I'd rather a couple aesthetic dots on the bottom than bigger hardware. 

Can work temporarily. Been very disappointed with longevity tho. The hooks eventually catch the edges and tear em off even when crazy glued down. You may need to melt the lead on to it. That is what I am considering doing....maybe just buy a couple more baits? Alot of my swavers sink nicely, even tho in prefer suspenders. 

I used some lead golf tape on one of my 168 s wavers. Longevity wise I don’t know how long it will last. The tape is showing a little bit of wear just from a couple trips.But I’m happy with extra weight and it’s not permanent. This S Waver  I also shaved out the joint and the extra weight lets me fish it a little faster and a little more aggressive. I know it’s not a very good photo but I don’t have any of just the lure But you can see the lead tape on the bottom.

5EBA20C3-75B9-4FF6-B088-8128F2B9D07C.png

11 hours ago, Dirty Diesel said:

I used some lead golf tape on one of my 168 s wavers. Longevity wise I don’t know how long it will last. The tape is showing a little bit of wear just from a couple trips.But I’m happy with extra weight and it’s not permanent. This S Waver  I also shaved out the joint and the extra weight lets me fish it a little faster and a little more aggressive. I know it’s not a very good photo but I don’t have any of just the lure But you can see the lead tape on the bottom.

5EBA20C3-75B9-4FF6-B088-8128F2B9D07C.png

Awesome, thanks for the tip.

I'll give it a shot. I may mess around with shaving the joint in one of mine as well. Certainly couldn't hurt to be different. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to bump an old thread, especially over a comment I made that might have went unnoticed, but I did try the deep tracer on one of my s waver 200s, it did effect the action pretty bad, I couldn’t get a feel for fishing it, I didn’t try it on one of my better glides because I didn’t really kno how it would do hanging up, i did hand the s waver up a couple times. Being on a boat I was able to get it back, not saying its bad, I’m probably not adjusting my retrieve the way I need to, but for me it wasn’t the right way to go, I just couldn’t get a feel for it