slammers

Spottedbass68

The 7” used to be a staple in my arsenal, throw it around and over cover in low light conditions (sunrise, sunset, and night). 

I typically like to target areas with high grass or brush with about 6” to 2~3ft water clearance. They’ll come out from under and smoke it. Also like to throw it up shallow on points and wake it and give it some pops/twitches in between. 

I usually will always start by throwing it shallow and keeping the bait close to the shoreline and gradually fan casting out to deeper water to work a specific area. This will also help you know where the fish are hanging out at on a given day. 

Itll get bit, just keep chucking it

Slammer is best on windy weed edges anytime of day really. But there is a learning curve to it, and you gotta have the right rig for it too. When I started I almost we quit, because I went 6 months without a hit then I stopped it by the boat and noticed it dance and a fish ate it. I then strived to imitate that movement on a retrieve.

In addition to what other said, don't overlook it as a cover bait. I like casting it next to laydowns and just twitch it in place. My biggest bite ever (which of course...got off) on a slammer was in the fall just deadsticking it next to a downed tree. It probably sat there for 20 or 30 seconds before it got slurped. 

Slow and steady, think of it as a time bomb, keep it’s knock resonating in a tick tock fashion , they can’t resist it man, good luck!

Edited by MartinG

3 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

I could but I would regret it lol. Plenty for sale on this forum tho!

For sure, I'm gonna keep my eye out for the one I want. Have you or any other guys fished the CATCHEMCO wake baits? They r local from where i'm from.