Rats, testing/building a couple versions, and a fish (Pic Heavy)

chefchris

So when I went from the Spanish cedar to ayc while cutting the joints I goofed on the first one cause I didn’t double check my saw stops. 

So turned this one into a 3 piece, for my own bag/testing 

I drilled thru the center piece and both end connect with the center pin. 

Will have to play with the spacing but liking this so far as movement/noise goes, also leaving a little extra room for paint and epoxy on all pieces 

7B427894-55FF-4172-B727-591784D0B808.jpeg

7ED8A0BF-F83C-43DA-A870-0AC9D54F5486.jpeg

Im pretty excited for one of these in particular too ;)

And I kinda like the idea of the three piece. Sometimes a goof doesn't always turn out to be a goof haha.  I would be interested to see how that three piece handled as a non billed floater.  Might be another idea for you to play with.

Chris, along with several others following this thread I’m anticipating the “ Drop” notification.... good work here... enjoying your updates & your successes with your design mods ... keep up the great work ... michel ... Go Fish!!!

3 hours ago, surfk9 said:

Chris, along with several others following this thread I’m anticipating the “ Drop” notification.... good work here... enjoying your updates & your successes with your design mods ... keep up the great work ... michel ... Go Fish!!!

there will be a drop for sure, been trying to get some out there at a fair price for feedback and testing. 

Thanks, got an overnight trip in the works for this weekend (some very good intel handed down) and trying to get the 3 piece finished enough to fish. Got my albino version painted and assembled today, so that one will be going for sure 

Got a few to epoxy tonight, did an albino one for myself. Tried to kept the wood grain showing thru and used my “web” spray paint method to add some extra texture, pics don’t really show it well. 

AB0C830B-44C7-4668-9C65-C741AD0FE7EA.thumb.jpeg.59f7f0468a6e245427b7449aa44dd85d.jpeg

But it’s the same white technique used on this bait, which is done by modifying the spray nozzle and spraying in an odd pattern. 

D7DF40AE-D7E7-446D-AB3D-7739C43F5160.thumb.jpeg.f76d6038b24ddc82f7ffd6de3e135fa4.jpeg

Nice Chris....can definitely see that getting SMASHED...feathered hooks can be (IMO) a good/bad scenario...on occasion they seem to entice a bite....on other daze they seem to hinder action ...a personal thingy...michel ...Go Fish!!!

On 6/29/2019 at 1:44 AM, surfk9 said:

Chris, am intrigued with the double pin center piece....outside the box...will have to keep that in mind....albino swims good , like it ...michel...Go Fish!!!

Yeah had to do it that way due to the center piece being so thin, have to get sealed and moving along cause I think it will be a winner