Alpha sewer rat help

basssavage24/7

I keep having problems with the center eyelet bending out. Ive sent it out to get fixed. Rago hook it up with a anouther eyelet. 

The eyelet are .092 diameter stainless eyelets. I think it's way to thin to support all that weight. Because it keeps bending out and I'm not even bombing it as far as I can throw it. 

I've been looking everywhere for a little bit thicker stainless eyelet and it's been impossible to find I was thinking of one around that diameter of .112 stainless.

I've checked Home Depot D&B Lowe's Hobby Lobby muskie lure building magazines and lure parts online I work at machine shop too, small parts can make me what I'm looking for, but every machine shop I've talked to you need to order 10,000 of them in order to do a run. 

The biggest issue I've been running into is finding one long enough that is a diameter I'm looking for. Do any of you guys know of a place that has what I'm looking for. 

I've also thought of trying to find a stainless steel rod that is the diameter of what I need and heat up one end bend it to an eyelet. 

Any ideas on where I can find a screw eyelet for that specific size or how to go about with a MacGyver solution.

look them up on the Mcmaster Carr website, they carry ss screw eyes in all sizes, they even have an option where the picture will show you all the specs, like thread length, thickness, total length. If you need help shoot me a PM. "Routing Eyebolts for Wood—Not for Lifting" is what they have listed as. 

another option may be is too double them up or add an additional one? 

1 hour ago, chefchris said:

look them up on the Mcmaster Carr website, they carry ss screw eyes in all sizes, they even have an option where the picture will show you all the specs, like thread length, thickness, total length. If you need help shoot me a PM. "Routing Eyebolts for Wood—Not for Lifting" is what they have listed as. 

another option may be is too double them up or add an additional one? 

My fishing partner with his Alpha sewer rat he ended up cutting two inches off the joint and connecting two screw eyelets on it it swims great. 

But I'm trying to stick to that one eyelet cuz I really love how slow you can creep the bait with that single joint giving off that body roll. 

I'm definitely going to check out McMaster 

Thank you so much ive been trying my hardest to find that right size I'm looking for.

30 minutes ago, surfk9 said:

Chris & Luke ...Iv'e used Mcmaster in the past for unrelated to fishing issue, they've got a lotta stuff  ...good customer service...albeit , I dealt with them 8-10 years ago...michel...Go Fish!!!

we order from them at work for a number of things, they have some off the wall stuff if you look around on the website, customer service is top notch for sure 

they actually have this box that has moveable dividers which ive been eyeing for a swimbait storage system

Edited by chefchris
english not so good

You can also look into twisting your own screw eyes.  You can get almost any sized SS wire from welding shops and online.  I ran some tests on screw eyes I made vs .092’s all epoxied in pine, and I’m definitely  switching to handmade screw eyes.  It does take a lot of pull them out, but I pulled the .092’s out.  Couldn’t pull the handmade eyes out without breaking the wood, with a lot more pressure.