Most expensive lure you’ve lost

Texasfishn

Back in the day there were no split rings on the nose. I was tying direct to the line tie. Which I later added split ring to the last two I had. The small line tie was cutting my line if you didn't retie often. I also switched to 25 lb line shortly after which also made a big difference. I was using 20. Never a problem after that.

Broke off a hph shad on a pipe with a cluster of zebra mussels. Felt sick to stomach and didn’t sleep that night. 

Went back the next day Jerry rigged my GoPro to my transducer on my kayak at the time. Watched and located it. 

Next day after work I launched my kayak and went on recovery mode. Found it but couldn’t get it. Went to the truck and somehow had my level in there and some rope. Luckily the level had rare earth magnets. Dropped it down took a few times to get the bait to latch to the magnets but successfully recovered.

67FC1ADC-1388-496B-9AC4-EE6AF4B53052.jpeg

Lost a Mother to what I can only call a poor execution of casting. 5 casts in on the first day out I’d used it. Drug a fence, swam, no luck. Apparently later, a swimmer found it and placed it on the nearest dock. Long story, friend of a friend thing, a good friend of mine knew the kid who “found” the bait on his dock, and tried to get it back for me... but no luck. Kid wanted more money than a new one cost.

On 8/15/2019 at 7:45 AM, PNW bass said:

Lost a Mother to what I can only call a poor execution of casting. 5 casts in on the first day out I’d used it. Drug a fence, swam, no luck. Apparently later, a swimmer found it and placed it on the nearest dock. Long story, friend of a friend thing, a good friend of mine knew the kid who “found” the bait on his dock, and tried to get it back for me... but no luck. Kid wanted more money than a new one cost.

That’s sick to know someone has it and you can’t get it back. Legitimately anyway. I’d go through the parents if they own the house! 

On 8/15/2019 at 5:45 AM, PNW bass said:

More than 400?? If I were a clueless kid I would gladly take a 20. Even a 5!!

On 7/9/2019 at 1:25 PM, Doomlurker said:

Sent a brand new bullglide up into a tree when I tried to parallel cast in a tight area from shore. There’s still hope for it though, just waiting on the flooded area to recede a bit then I’ll throw a mike long rig at it and rip it out of there. 

SUCCESS

Got to the lake yesterday and was blown away how much the water had dropped in a week. At the same time, I was stoked cause I knew this was the exact scenario I was looking for to attempt to get my bull glide back.

F3E4C7C7-C0E9-4E05-8D7E-3821F5BB93A4.jpeg

• 4 months later...
On 7/9/2019 at 6:17 AM, Texasfishn said:

I can hear it now.....

it started out so innocent, just tried a Hudd to fit in. Pretty soon, it was Deps and Hinkles just to get the edge off. Now, a Mother won’t curb the feeling. I need help guys. 

I feel ya man i went from 68 hudds to 250s and hinkles in a yr. Now I'm looking at motherchasers I don't know how much longer i can do this for lol.

Lost a 6” bullshad a couple of weeks ago. Towards the end of a long day, I went into some flooded timber to see if I could finally catch something. Lots of wind and I got a backlash, started to pull it out, and my boat went over my line. Finally got the snag out and started to retrieve, when I felt a bit of resistance under the boat, then nothing. I looked around for the line in the water and couldn’t find it. All I can think is it must have been a weak spot in the 25 lbs mono. Called it quits after that. 

On 8/8/2019 at 9:30 PM, ricardo said:

Been on a roll lately... 

I was also in the process of trying to sell this 908, decided to give it one more trip.  Haha

At least the lure didn’t break off too 

What a bummer. I just broke 806 exactly the same. I was throwing a 8 inch magdraft. At least I didn't cast that off to add to the insult. Did they replace it? I haven't lost anything expensive because im cheap. I recovered a Spro 50 rat at a urban pond. It got stuck on a big square overflow. Went to wally world and got a pool  tube and tubed out and got it. That got a few looks. 

4 minutes ago, bassfiend72 said:

What a bummer. I just broke 806 exactly the same. I was throwing a 8 inch magdraft. At least I didn't cast that off to add to the insult. Did they replace it? I haven't lost anything expensive because im cheap. I recovered a Spro 50 rat at a urban pond. It got stuck on a big square overflow. Went to wally world and got a pool  tube and tubed out and got it. That got a few looks. 

They replaced it,I had to pay around 100 dollars for them to do it.   You just have to cut the rod to where you can see the lure rating and mail the piece back with a check.  

On 12/28/2019 at 3:58 AM, dqb said:

Lost a lot of baits over the years, but have noticed a trend where the most valuable ones seem to be lost on the first day of fishing it, like it want meant to be. Wonder if there’s something to that.. 

Man, I feel ya on that 'first day jinx'.  Off the top of my head I can recall at least 3 or 4 incidents of this happening to me.