What’s the deal with pizz and ufo baits?

Rangermike

I’m just curious what the reason for the high demand is. From what I can tell they are quality baits but looks like they make wakes, crankdowns and glides not really something we haven’t seen. I understand the deps 250 craze first big glide bait and toxic baits because they started the crankdown trend . Not saying pizz and ufo baits aren’t worth it I have plenty of expensive baits but I don’t get the prices people are paying, what’s the difference? How much are they that much more productive and how much just a status symbol you can post in a gun case?

If you have been swimbaiting for a while you will know that all most every bait will go through a high demand phase.

They are all great baits and most should be able to catch fish with.

The two makers you mentioned have been doing plenty of drops and preorders so hang in there you they will come around.

$115 shipped in my opinion is very reasonable direct from UFO, After three trips the paint on my bait is still holding up compared to other high end baits.  I think its just a fad people are high on right now that may taper off in a few months until the next best thing shows up. I personally don't think so, from what I've seen UFO is only dropping small quantities at a time which will keep the bait in high demand and make it highly sought after. I personally want my hands on UFO's last drop of the red resin bait.  I missed that by 30 seconds.  Had the bait in my cart and and paypal killed me when processing the purchase.  

Like mentioned above it's all about the hype. There are plenty of great baits out there that aren't talked about as much. Hype baits seem to change from year to year. Nothing against a pizz or UFO. Both make great baits. It's just what's "IN" right now. 

Yeah kinda what I figured just wondering if either made something unique that really stood out and caught more fish. I got a few toxic baits but I didn’t pay much over retail I waited and I’ll do the same with these.

Edited by Rangermike

I believe both of the companies baits are in demand right now because of their awesome customers. Like most good big baits (there are many) they catch fish. These companies UFO and PIZZ have customers who catch fish time after time with their baits and post the pictures/videos on here, IG and other social media sites. It’s their advertising and it shows that they catch fish. As a big bait company it benefits them to have good customers who fish a lot, believe in their product and CATCH FISH WITH THEM. This causes you and I to become curious and potentially buy the bait. But like you mentioned if you wait a little, the prices will go down. 

I have no idea really. I've always just made baits as I can. Full time job, husband, and father... most baits get made after hours or days off. I'm not doing anything different when it comes to posting on social media. Ive always made 2 to 3 posts a week. some baits, some fish. no rhyme or reason. the baits have always caught fish but Ive also just recently come out with newer and smaller baits that people want faster and sooner than i can make them. trying to balance between preorders, bait drops, and shows is tough to keep everyone happy but i try. like posted above, customers have been posting more and more fish catches, cast to catches, and mail calls. more people are seeing them than they used to when most posts were solely by me. Ive never wanted to be that in your face posting all the time type advertising. 

1 hour ago, kahai808 said:

C2C on social media can really get a bait out there. Direct proof what they can do. 

That and it seems like the baits go to certain individuals to get C2C footage where the bass fishing is easier. Just my opinion