Some baits in the making

El_Weruso

Fun Times Ahead.....Neil , i agree it's tough to find time.....i'm retired ...still tough to find time....currently have 3-5 baits I'm trying to gain traction on...another tool to give thought to is the 1" belt sander (as Chris mentioned) one of the best investments I made early in my bait making , harbor freight ~about $60, it will definitely save time for you....just keep on keepin' on ...michel...Go Fish!!!!

Want to give a shout-out to @chefchris and @surfk9 for the advice on getting a 1" belt sander. Works so much faster on smoothing out these baits. Still have many more to go, these were done in the last ten minutes of my lunch lol got the machine for 40$ on offerup retails at 83$ on harbor freight

IMG_20190925_124806.jpg

Edited by Neill Hernandez

33 minutes ago, Neill Hernandez said:

Want to give a shout-out to @chefchris and @surfk9 for the advice on getting a 1" belt sander. Works so much faster on smoothing out these baits. Still have many more to go, these were done in the last ten minutes of my lunch lol got the machine for 40$ on offerup retails at 83$ on harbor freight

IMG_20190925_124806.jpg

Awesome man! Makes life way easier and faster! 

8 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

That still hurts my head thinking of making all those baits at once haha...nice progress Neill!

Haha, I never would of done so many different styles of bait if it wasn't for shifting my style of fishing. Going to be fishing my own stuff a lot more. Except for soft baits, which I don't know how to make and pour. Excited to see which work and which I will need to tweak

Edited by Neill Hernandez

Cut up, I wanted to make the cuts angled but I don't have the right tools to do precise V cuts so from a flat straight cut some will be given a bevel, angle or rounded. I'll see as i go, trying to not lose touch with updating this thread but will try to avoid posting repetitive stuff as I accidentally did with the previous pictures

IMG_20191004_130222.jpg

33 minutes ago, azsouth said:

Wow tuning is going to be a lot of fun with that many baits! I can only tune about 4 baits at a time (with help of video) otherwise it is just too much for me.

Yeah, it's taking longer than i anticipated. Contemplating on getting a lead melting pot with the lever drip to pour the led but it costs 80$ although i don't know how else to pour the lead

Neill I've never poured lead....i use pencil lead that i cut to lengths & insert where needed also use split shot....just never likened to the idea of pouring lead...michel...go Fish!!!