Who’s catching spotties?

Nicks17029

• 1 month later...

That is a fat spotty.. bite has been pretty slow locally but should be picking up soon.   It’s been raining like crazy in SD the past few weeks and all the reports I’ve gotten have indicated that the bite has been tough.  There always there though, sometimes you just have to work harder than others. 

I’ve caught them on the smaller glides, like the s wavers and I’ve seen guys catch them on the Deps 145’s.  If you’re trying to learn the fishery though, I’d stick with the 3” Plastics and try to find patches of eel grass.  From there, you’ll get a better idea of where they’re hanging out and you’ll be able to dial in a bite that way. 

Edited by SDBayBassMan

• 2 weeks later...

That’s a nice spottie!!! We’re lucky to live in SoCal. So many places to fish and so many species too.....next year I’ll be all over the spotties...they fight hard and hit harder! Didn’t know they would hit a glide.....what glides would you recommend?

thanks
nice slug! 

Edited by Alex

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 9:15 PM, Alex said:

That’s a nice spottie!!! We’re lucky to live in SoCal. So many places to fish and so many species too.....next year I’ll be all over the spotties...they fight hard and hit harder! Didn’t know they would hit a glide.....what glides would you recommend?

thanks
nice slug! 

I just got a gan craft jointed claw 70, not sure if it should actually count as a glide bait but im sure im gonna stick some spotties on it.