First fish on my own lures!

kev_swmbt_20

Caught two last weekend on two different prototypes I made. There’s nothing like catching fish on your own baits. There’s a few of my baits I’ve been messing with3300DA7A-C323-4B40-B0C8-C9F8E68AE2CC.thumb.jpeg.32356b93118f3f25229c0ee3944df12a.jpegA015AC20-65A2-48EF-863D-F9D409D1E090.thumb.jpeg.cd62e5a6b0b22b6d943fb0b6b5457050.jpegD5CC068F-753D-48C2-8C9B-D95FD5E3C671.thumb.jpeg.8f33c7c622c123b6b5e77f7121d29325.jpeg

Edited by kev_swmbt_20
Added pictures

7 minutes ago, 168 Rookie said:

Dope baits man, interesting profile I don't think I've seen before, with the dropped chin.  Does it have a standard WnC-type swim?

Yeah a couple I’ve made so far have a whippersnapper type action and a few crank down to about 5 feet and wobble like a crank and then the three piece has a similar action as the 30acre dirty Shad.

1 minute ago, kev_swmbt_20 said:

Yeah a couple I’ve made so far have a whippersnapper type action and a few crank down to about 5 feet and wobble like a crank and then the three piece has a similar action as the 30acre dirty Shad.

Legit.  Nice work man, what gave you the idea to drop the chin like that?

Edited by 168 Rookie

1 minute ago, 168 Rookie said:

Legit.  Nice work man, what gave you the idea to drop the chin like that?

I was just messing around drawing some stuff and liked the aggressive look just thought it looked cool and I ended up sticking with it. I kind of got the idea from some of the spro crankbaits 

That’s awesome that you’ve already caught fish on your baits, as that’s a definite confidence booster! 

so after looking at your design it seemed familiar and remembered I saw a new Japanese gill bait, they’re somehow affiliated with Roman made but can’t seem to find too much more info, but here’s a pic and company name from IG 

DFE9A129-09C4-4EC6-9A6A-8C9BE3CEA36B.png

4 hours ago, chefchris said:

That’s awesome that you’ve already caught fish on your baits, as that’s a definite confidence booster! 

so after looking at your design it seemed familiar and remembered I saw a new Japanese gill bait, they’re somehow affiliated with Roman made but can’t seem to find too much more info, but here’s a pic and company name from IG 

DFE9A129-09C4-4EC6-9A6A-8C9BE3CEA36B.png

Oh snap haha that’s actually pretty close. I’m glad I’m not the only one who liked the dropped chin haha

I plan on making about 5 baits here pretty soon a couple wakes a couple swimmers and some cranks. I would like to send them out to some local San Diego and SoCal guys to start testing them out for me for some feedback and start getting some pictures of catches. If you’re interested pm me and I’ll cover shipping and everything only thing I ask in return is some feedback and some pictures. Here are some action videos