Similar to a lunker plunker?

nightsessions

Are there any baits that have a similar action to the 8 inch plunker? I have the 6 inch and i dislike the action so i figured instead of getting an 8 inch plunker id get something similar to it. I know Luke V mentioned the minnesota minnow, but i dont know where to get that.

Also what are some baits that have a similar casting distance to it? My plunker casts a lot farther than any other swimbait i own, and at my lake long casts are critical to catching fish because there is an island at the middle of the lake that the fish tend to hang around.

I gotta Glider from "Nufo" that puts a punker to shame. Best glider ive had the pleasure of tossing, it casts like a bullet doesnt sail too much and a two year old could walk it with ease. Hes the dude Id holler at for a bad a$$ glider. Oh yeah, review soon to come :twisted:

Poes giant jackpot or a Doc.

They work good for muskies up here and arent to expensive. They kind of work like a big super spook.

Docs are the ish. The doc Jr. is nice too. they have a single bearing knocker and make a different noise than other baits. Cool thing is you can order them raw unpainted and do um up yourself!

If you're throwing the injected 6", I'd give the original wood bait a shot before writing off the punker. Also, if you're not using braid, you should give that a shot. Makes it a lot easier to walk, more side to side glide, but the biggest benefit is that on a long cast, it still walks just as good.

If you're throwing the wood baits, and on braid, just disregard that.

Other than what's been mentioned, Heddon also has a magnum spook and super magnum spook, not sure I have the names exactly right, but they're 7" and 9" wood baits around 3 or 4 oz. I don't know that they're even still made.

the old pupfish is tough to come by, and not cheap, so I've never fished one. Fished the Seducer, and Rover 230 though, and just keep throwing the punker. I've never honestly felt a reason to look for anything else other than just curiosity. To me most other walking baits just flop around side to side like a spook, where the punker really moves.

If you're not already, and want to try the wood baits, send me a PM. I'll sell you a small one and a big one pretty cheap, and if you don't like them I'll buy them right back.

I gotta Glider from "Nufo" that puts a punker to shame. Best glider ive had the pleasure of tossing, it casts like a bullet doesnt sail too much and a two year old could walk it with ease. Hes the dude Id holler at for a bad a$$ glider. Oh yeah, review soon to come :twisted:

I was going to suggest that. I got one in the SU tourney and it is a very nice bait.