Night Fishing

Jstew75

Good Morning SU!, 

I'm kinda getting cabin fever here in central Floride and im thinking about going night fishing tonight. my question is does anyone night fish in winter the low tonight is 60 and the water temps are still in the 70s what shout i go throw would i be wasting my time throwing a Shizzard or phoney glide or should i keep it top water? 

Thank you for the help!

Wake baits at night, slammers, rats, etc, vary retrieves and hold on, fish that bait all the way back to shore/boat, I’ve had fish hit right as I was about to lift the bait out of the water. 

i like letting the bait sit until all the splash rings go away and leave the bait there for a minute or longer (sometimes) give it a couple twitches or reel cranks, pause, twitch again, pause and retrieve. A lot of hits/hookups have come on that first twitch. 

5 hours ago, Rogervang said:

That's perfect night fishing weather, during winter. Haha you can throw glides but top water and wake baits are key for night fishing, imo. 

im going to be giving your wake bait some love here in about an hour 

I wish I lived somewhere that stayed warm enough to throw wake baits all year, without having to watch them go skittering across the ice (use a side-arm cast when the lake is frozen - you ding up the Slammers less that way).

I'm glad you were able to get on the fish with the wake baits.  And yes, I'm jealous - my lakes and ponds are locked up with 2 - 8" of ice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...