First Striper of the Trout Season

SumoNinja

3 hours ago, Doomlurker said:

That’s awesome. How long did you deadstick it before it took the bait?

Thanks man, I was there first thing in the morning. Shorebanging for few hours. I think I got bit around 10:30 am 

33 minutes ago, Doomlurker said:

Right on. What I was gettin at was how long did you let the bait sit/dead stick after you cast it out?

Oh I see, i usually let it sit upon casting until the ripples disappear, then from there I'll twitch it every now and then. At times I'll walk it left n right or any combination of letting it sit, then twitch or walk, then long pauses. But the action  varies. If they are around, they will draw attention immediately. Other times you cast around for a while and 1 or a small group happens to patrol by and then u get action.  2 days to a week or 2 of a trout plant are prime times to cast. If the trout are still around the predators will be around

There are times I cast out, and within seconds I get swirls. Other times I cast around for hours and nothing or u get one curious striper that swirls a couple times them seemingly loses interest and leaves. And that'll be all the action u get all day. 

Using this bait is a grind though, definitely a patience bait because of how painfully slow it's meant to be fished. But it's very rewarding when you get hit. It's a trip watching a 10" or 13" deadtwitch get sucked under 

Edited by SumoNinja