MOTHER++

Hmoob

4 hours ago, fxckjoey said:

if that’s the bait I saw earlier today.... that thing better come with a live high DD bass attached to it. for $850 and weighing in at 24 ounces... that’s insane. but it’s absolutely a beautiful bait and amazingly made. but still. $800+? good lord. 

Yeah there seems to be no limit to a price when these large wood baits are made. I understand it's a roman made but the mother was "impressive" at a 450 retail price for a 12" bait but this one being 850 excluding shipping/taxes for an extra 3"?! At the end of the day some people will still buy this believing it'll catch them more DD's when some guys are getting double digits on 4-6" swimbaits haha But hey this is just my opinion. Casting a 1lb+ bait for hours means = It's time to hit the gym guys!

59 minutes ago, El_Weruso said:

Yeah there seems to be no limit to a price when these large wood baits are made. I understand it's a roman made but the mother was "impressive" at a 450 retail price for a 12" bait but this one being 850 excluding shipping/taxes for an extra 3"?! At the end of the day some people will still buy this believing it'll catch them more DD's when some guys are getting double digits on 4-6" swimbaits haha But hey this is just my opinion. Casting a 1lb+ bait for hours means = It's time to hit the gym guys!

yeah exactly man. I mean... swimbaits are just like anything else that is expensive as hell. someone somewhere will buy it. but to throw something that weighs 24oz... wouldn’t you also have to get a dedicated rod/reel that could handle that kind of weight? that just seems insanely heavy to me. but for $850... I could buy a handful of baits instead of just one. jesus. but if someone’s got it like that, where they can drop almost a grand on one lure, then hey, i’m happy for em. but I could never do it. lol. 

It's hard for me to imagine that a fish will ignore a 12" bait and then eat a 15" one. A mother seems plenty big and enough of a meal to entice the biggest bass in your lake. I doubt that an extra 3" will make the difference between a DD committing or not. But hey, why not? If someone wants to drop $850 to throw that, more power to them. But I don't think buying that will make your chances at hooking a DD any higher than throwing a 12" bait. 

Yeah, a beast of a bait!  I almost put the deposit down for one a couple weeks ago, but as stated above you'd need a dedicated rod and reel just for that one bait.  I've casted a Mother off and it made me sick, I couldn't imagine losing a $850 bait.......!

3 minutes ago, 18RangerZ520L said:

Yeah, a beast of a bait!  I almost put the deposit down for one a couple weeks ago, but as stated above you'd need a dedicated rod and reel just for that one bait.  I've casted a Mother off and it made me sick, I couldn't imagine losing a $850 bait.......!

wait. you casted a mother off and DIDN’T immediately go swimming? damn. as soon as I heard the snap I would’ve been in the water. lol. 

5 hours ago, fxckjoey said:

wait. you casted a mother off and DIDN’T immediately go swimming? damn. as soon as I heard the snap I would’ve been in the water. lol. 

Well, it was December and 48-50 degree water.  Plus where it landed was 25'-30'.  She gone..... :cry:

Edited by 18RangerZ520L

I think it’s funny they built this beautiful hand crafted, insane attention to detail, individually weighed hand made master pieces and then put the cheapest stick on .02 cents per pair cost eyes on it. 

like you’re charging $850 put some taxidermy grade eyes on the bait already! 

• 4 weeks later...