Braid split ring

Kyearsley

I saw a couple different versions of these so i figured i’d try to tie some up with some braid i had lying around. I get about 2 more rotations than regular split rings and i couldnt pull them apart by hand, so i think ill stay with them unless any problems come up. Anyone else try this? Should i post some intructions?

3CC7BFBA-E61F-4B68-9280-C16C54884E53.jpeg

Edited by Kyearsley

The only thing to be aware of is braid can be very brittle in short pieces. The way that I have seen this most commonly is with assist line and I think they use thread for fly tying.It looks good though it’ll probably work. I like they are thinking outside the box

10 minutes ago, Dirty Diesel said:

The only thing to be aware of is braid can be very brittle in short pieces. The way that I have seen this most commonly is with assist line and I think they use thread for fly tying.It looks good though it’ll probably work. I like they are thinking outside the box

^^to piggyback this, I've seen it called a "PE Assist Line," and there are a few YouTubes about it. Crazybassfisher has a pretty in-depth one, I'll try to find it.

40 minutes ago, Dirty Diesel said:

I saw some people using the pe assist line but couldnt find it on my latest trip to the tackle shop, and i dont have the tools to tie it. So i figured id try something else and see if it works

Edited by Kyearsley

13 hours ago, Kyearsley said:

I also feel that i get more rotations out of the braid since its so much thinner than the pe assist, and i dont have any truly “big” baits so i dont want my hooks hanging to far down.

Fish are gonna be rocking some new piercings with the braid.  Find some assist cord.