Best rats

Jstew75

I honestly think any rat that wakes properly and cranks down right side up and not roll or twirl improperly will get bit

There are different rats that wobble, roll, clack, swim different but as long as it holds up and not come apart you're good to go. The cost of a rat and different brands is strictly personal preference at that point. 

I also feel topwater/strictly waking bait colors matter much less than sinking baits. When the fish look up they see a dark silhouette agaisnt the sky regardless of color

Just my 2 cents 

• 2 weeks later...

OD Rats are the juice! lil sinky is my favorite and most productive so far, the regular is dope, one piece is sick too. caught the most on lil stinky both slow slow slow waking and cranking down and pausing

lots of people slay on the toxic micro mink as well and they are pretty available these days. 

good ole nez is the tits too and lots of sizes and variety to try. i like the medium standard myself. 

lil johnny rat is cool.

PB rat is titty city as well. the straight retrieve is CRAZY compared to other rats i have fished. thing looks like its walking as its 1-2 feet below the surface cuz of the drastic side to side head movement it has. totally unique joint as well. walks really nice.

Pizz creep is Freaking sick nasty too that thing is awesome on a slow steady retrieve getting that butt shaking. walks like a dream too and is super flat on the bottom so you can 180 that bad boy near cover over and over without getting it to be moving towards you (aka annoy em by a log/branch for longer than a pop or two)

just got some illudes ill report back when i know more about em

I've used Rago Alpha Rats and found that some Alpha Rats will burn down well while  others will wash out so there is some variability with them. I've inspected the bills and this variability wasn't due to misalignment so I would chalk it up to a differing density in the wood maybe. That being said I do like the build on them, super solid. Nez rat is also a staple and I have not encountered the same issues with Nez as I did with some of the Alpha rat builds variability. 

On 1/27/2020 at 10:43 AM, SumoNinja said:

I honestly think any rat that wakes properly and cranks down right side up and not roll or twirl improperly will get bit

There are different rats that wobble, roll, clack, swim different but as long as it holds up and not come apart you're good to go. The cost of a rat and different brands is strictly personal preference at that point. 

I also feel topwater/strictly waking bait colors matter much less than sinking baits. When the fish look up they see a dark silhouette agaisnt the sky regardless of color

Just my 2 cents 

+1 on the color bit you mentioned, 100% agree. I do like a bit of lighter color on the back or head tho so I can track it at night but that's entirely preference. 

1st underground post . IN SEARCH OF ILLUDE RAT.  .I got started with the Spro 50 in morning dawn.  That bait got my rat , wakebait and big bait addiction started.   It straight gets chewed.   I have a couple OD Rats , a 2 peice PB rat, an xl Nez, a toxic mink and a couple CL8s.  I'm looking for a 3 peice Illlude and I think I'll be good on rats for night fishing this season.  I have plenty of high end baits I'd consider trading for one.  Pm an offer for an illude rat.. actually pm an offer on whatever catches your eye.  Would consider trades and would consider cash offers to purchase other baits or combos.   

While I'm at it I have a couple Pats that I'd consider on trades for snacks.  I have a couple maybe even few pats plus a high end bait or 2 to trade for the right Pats Gill.  

Thanks in advance. 

ShaunDon

20191123_132720.jpg

20191218_105856.jpg

20200204_085314.jpg

20200212_140129.jpg

20200211_143607.jpg

20200208_134856.jpg