First BA fish

Top Ramen

David, what's the approximate ROF on the SS?

It falls roughly a ft per second. In 10 FOW, I can count it down to 6-8 ft then rip it up 3 ft and let it take several seconds to fall with some small twitches, then do it again.

Also, on a slow roll it stays at the same depth pretty well and doesn't pull up as much as a lot of baits do.

Thanks for the response David, thats great info. I borrowed a floating and HF BAA from a fellow member and all I got were follow. I guess i should have mixed it up more like you did.

LOL, let me borrow that HF!

Yeah me too!

Thanks for the response David, thats great info. I borrowed a floating and HF BAA from a fellow member and all I got were follow. I guess i should have mixed it up more like you did.

LOL, let me borrow that HF!

Yeah me too!

Me three!

Heavy floater with a heavy flouro leader with heavy snap and swivel has kind of a delayed float. Or to put it a different way if you crank it down it almost suspends for a bit before it starts it's very slow rise to the top.

Don't know if you'd want all the extra hardwear for just bass but it's cool how it effects the bait. I've had bass,pike,and muskies smack it when the bait seems to be just sitting there.

I prefer floating baits when they are 10+ plus so I don't fish my hf to much but it's nice to have it if we are drifting some weeds and I want let it tickle the top of them and just sit there.

The ripping/jerk bait technique definitely works on the sinking BA. The action on the water was dead today (nobody was catching much) but this little guy crushed the BA after a rip. T-Boned it and had both hooks in his mouth (one in each corner). Not very big but I think it fought harder than any other fish I've caught this year. Easily one of the hardest hits. This thing gets hit like they are trying to tear it apart.

So happy to have figured this bait out.

4lb 6oz. Not a pig but a beautiful fish.

post-1174-14252987114795_thumb.jpg