State Parks Shutting Down?

168 Rookie

3 hours ago, 8timechamp said:

According to this article, we should still be able to fish. It says buildings and restrooms will be closed.

//www.dailyitem.com/news/pennsylvania-state-park-and-forest-facilities-closing-for-days/article_20f8d3c2-67d9-11ea-b982-53918ea6828d.html

I believed they mentioned all parking lots are closed as well.At least where I fish. A buddy of mine lives 5 minutes from one of the lakes. I text him yesterday and he confirmed it was closed.I agree though, not sure why they can't allow access to the ramps.Fisherman are the only ones using the park this time of year anyway.

Edited by jiggerjake

This covid-19 is gonna hit the fan. SF bay area six counties people staying home mandatory. That is probably 7 million people. Me Out of work April 7th who knows if it will extend. Wouldn't surprise me if we end up doing what Italy and Spain are doing national shutdown. 

1 hour ago, R8R said:

This covid-19 is gonna hit the fan. SF bay area six counties people staying home mandatory. That is probably 7 million people. Me Out of work April 7th who knows if it will extend. Wouldn't surprise me if we end up doing what Italy and Spain are doing national shutdown. 

I made sure my cable/internet bill was paid asap. Working from home and the boredom will have most glued to the tv/etc. I need a place on the water so I can cast out of my bedroom window.

In Los Angeles and got the notice yesterday (Mar 16) went out to a local fisherie, to me and my buddies surprise, the Gates were OPEN. there were a good amount of parks and rec workers around. BUUUUT, who know within the next couple days... Anyone know if Castaic lagoon would be open?

26 minutes ago, Jzxmnky said:

In Los Angeles and got the notice yesterday (Mar 16) went out to a local fisherie, to me and my buddies surprise, the Gates were OPEN. there were a good amount of parks and rec workers around. BUUUUT, who know within the next couple days... Anyone know if Castaic lagoon would be open?

I've been wondering this myself too, i haven't heard anything yet. I hope it doesn't get to that point, there's little to no interaction really when you go to castaic lagoon/lake 

2 hours ago, Toro blanco said:

This sucks , they gave us a shelter in place in six Bay Area counties:(

A lot of people are still working, I want to work but tommorow am fishing because am not in thouse six counties