which okuma guide select for a 250

MattGbaz

Im looking at the okuma guide select for a heavy glide rod to primarily fish the 250. Which model would pair best with the 250? the xh 2-10oz or the xxh 5-14oz. Or if you know of any other rods that would fit the 250 well for under $175

Thanks

I have the xxh it can cast 2.5 to 10 ozs comfortably it can do 12 but its allittle work. 

The rod is ment more for jighooks and weedlessbaits. It's kinda a broomstick so it doesn't have a lot of load up so with the heavier baits you feel it in the shoulder.   I still throw treble hooks on it and don't struggle with headshakes. I throw a lot of heavy hooks and hardware so Maybe it helps because of my fishing Style.

Call me a rod snob, but after fishing Dobyns rods I wouldn’t be caught dead fishing an Okuma ever again. I realize they’re the best rod at their price range, but that because there’s only about 3 choice at $130 or less. The Irod is much better at $150. But for an extra $100 you can find a champion and it’s a rod you’ll never upgrade in your life. 

I’ve been throwing on the xh. Currently looking to upgrade to the Okuma SBX or low down xxh

it throws the 250 ok. Sometimes I feel like I don’t have a lot of control or the baits is to heavy. 

I really like the okuma rods, but that’s because I haven’t thrown in anything else swimbait wise.