"RECORD BASS"

Trusavage

Came across this video on YouTube.

And found comedy gold!  A great fish, "NO DOUT". I just Didn't know that was a record. I react the same way every time I get a swimbait fish.

Edited by Trusavage

There’s some many pound test, length, method of catch IGFA records out there. I think Oliver and Matt set one last year or two years ago for length on smallmouth bass. 

For example a local guy here in Massachusetts has the IGFA world record for biggest searobin caught on a fly rod, not something most guys would brag about but a certified IGFA record none the less 

I don’t really understand, perhaps I’m missing some details in the video for why his catch is a length world record. Just doing a quick search it shows that Manabu’s 22-5 was 29 inches, so how is 24” bass an All Tackle WR like the video states?

According to what the channel said, u can't submit an all tackle record for weight and length.

Its either or.  So those records submitted for weight can't be used for length record.

So maybe the length of the fish in this video WAS the wr at the time but it's been beat already. Current wr length is 25.59" (65 cm) held in a tie by 2 dudes in cali and Florida. 

I have no idea what I just watched...that has got to be the WOAT "cast to catch" footage I have ever seen. I don't think I saw him cast OR catch, all of a sudden he's screaming about having a world record in the boat, fish looks like it's almost gone belly-up in the well...yeesh.

12 hours ago, 168 Rookie said:

I have no idea what I just watched...that has got to be the WOAT "cast to catch" footage I have ever seen. I don't think I saw him cast OR catch, all of a sudden he's screaming about having a world record in the boat, fish looks like it's almost gone belly-up in the well...yeesh.

This is a new one for me atleast... WOAT?