NJ Keitech Fish

Mkel83

Slow fishing, missed fish and dinks so far this year. Couldn’t buy a bite on jointed baits or glides. Resorted to ol’ faithful. Finally got something with a little size by a Jersey standards. Slow rolling a 6” Keitech. Couldn’t find my grippers so unfortunately I had to weigh her under the mouth... released safely. Hope everyone is safe and healthy. 9B02611C-1CDC-4E1D-B2F2-1EA880898E04.thumb.jpeg.1bc6e935d9961c3d65b353a7e4c715d7.jpegDC83DDFD-FEB1-401D-BF72-4B9CEDDF3A8A.thumb.jpeg.f41349ab60a321405f10b49389b6a124.jpegA485EA4C-3129-4B1F-973D-F2FCEA8EE103.thumb.jpeg.ef336d26d51abf8399b6acc645284c0c.jpeg

51 minutes ago, captainhookset said:

dude so sick!  congrats.  I'm going crazy trying to find somewhere to fish here in Montclair area from the shore.  Might even have to take a trip to NY and fish near Harriman or something.  You in North or South NJ?

Thanks man. I live in central (Somerset County) NJ but this spot is no where near me. All the state/county parks are now closed, as you know. There are some small town parks with ponds that are open. When all else fails.. take it google earth and be willing to drive. I have tons of free time now so a little commute is welcome at this point. 

@Mkel83  amen dude.  I've got three straight days in a row off starting tonight at 4pm so I'm going to have to find somewhere.  I'm getting stir crazy here.

Worst case scenario I'll fish the Passaic River and just hope I don't catch the clap..  LOL

Sorry to hear you got laid off, that’s sucks and yes, it’s Weird  times For sure. Keitechs are amazing baits and one I use very much....congratulations on the fish! 
never seen a black keitechs longer than 4.8, would like to get my hands on the 6.8 size 

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Sorry to hear you got laid off, that’s sucks and yes, it’s Weird  times For sure. Keitechs are amazing baits and one I use very much....congratulations on the fish! 
never seen a black keitechs longer than 4.8, would like to get my hands on the 6.8 size 

It’s life man. I believe it’s the Tackle Warehouse exclusive color. Black, blue, green pumpkin. Should be on their website in the larger sizes. 

8 hours ago, Mkel83 said:

@KeepinItReelFishing I’ve never thrown the easy shiner. Impact Fats was my gateway drug into throwing bigger swimbaits. I killed em on the perch color for years. This time of year I fish it just like a Hud. Crawling it. 

Agreed.  When they first came stateside I used the 5.8's and 4.8's like that.....super slow in the cold water.  But, the 6.8 and definitely the 7.8 you have to pick up the pace to get that tail to kick.  However, the largest Easy Shiner (8") you can go CRAZY STUPID SLOW with and it achieves fulll tail kick and body roll.  I've put them side by side and I would estimate you can go roughly 1/2 the speed that you have to go in the 7.8" Swing Impact Fat to elicit the swimming action.  They have been my winter antidote for a large-ish bait that you can maximize its time in the strike zone for cold water (under 50 degrees) lethargic bass.