QUARANTINE FUN

Rogervang

Ever since the quarantine happened I've always had a project in my mind to ease the need to go fishing. I have some boxes of dud baits and wanted to make something out of one of them. The plan was to build a bait using whatever I can find in the backyard and back yard only. After searching high and low throughout boxes after boxes I scrabble a baits and fortunately found just enough hardware. I ended up with a 8in trout profile fish. Some hooks and rings I took off a NEZ XL a while back. And I was ready. It really dodnt take long because right when I saw the bait I already knew it was going to be a wake bait. After some cutting, drilling tuning, gluing, testing, I've decided I like how it turns out so my next step is to paint and clear. Now this part I'm breaking the rules because I leave the paint and clean inside haha o well, rules are made to be broken. I painted it a regular bait fish. Silver and black but it didnt suit my needs so I though to myself and said "damn, theres always carp flopping around everywhere." BINGO! Carp! Sprayed and cleared. Now just waiting to pour some tails and ready for the lake. I'll try to get better pictures of the finish bait when I get tail and hardware on.

20200404_104211.jpg

20200404_104258.jpg

20200404_112846.jpg

20200516_130852.jpg

4 hours ago, dominioncaster said:

Good looking bait. Love the paint. 

Thank you, definitely better than the bait fish I had before. 

2 hours ago, largemouth said:

Looks great,awesome carp pattern.

Thanks brother! I should start painting more carp patterns hahaha

killer bait man, plus that carp/golden shiner color slays across the country.

i think every builder has a box like this somewhere! i know i have a bus bucket full of saltwater plugs and some of my early swimbaits hang in the garage above the lathe. 

Thanks for the kind words guys. @Grizzn n bassin @porkmeatballs @chefchris

I'm sure everyone has their fair share of baits boxes,bag, table, whatever they want to call it. If not, they should start collecting hahaha its definitely a treasure box when you go back in to look at your old stuff.

22 hours ago, Rogervang said:

Thanks for the kind words guys. @Grizzn n bassin @porkmeatballs @chefchris

I'm sure everyone has their fair share of baits boxes,bag, table, whatever they want to call it. If not, they should start collecting hahaha its definitely a treasure box when you go back in to look at your old stuff.

i actually came across 2 of my first attempts at a rat baits that never got finished from like 2009 once i saw them it brought back my early swim baiting days. those are next on my work bench