Schooling bass help!

Jinxd12

Before swimbaits ....dropping the ol’ senko  would easily produce schooling fish.

i have been chasing a pretty decent wolf pack 12 or more fish. I can see a 4# fish hanging around a little deeper. I am able to get followers on decent sized glide baits 9” is the biggest glide. They follow right up into the shallows, then turn around. Working the baits fast,slow,hi,low same results.

They won’t even look at the soft baits, or my UFO gills. I have followed the pack from 10am-230 pm up and down the pond for over a week. I managed to get one on the shell cracker the other day 2# fish. I think it was lucky to be honest.

what baits do you guys use to rile up a school? No huge fish in the pond. I also fish nights on weekend with crawlers and wakes. 

I have not been able to locate the school at night, but it does move around the pond everyday chasing blue gill.

i have down sized a little bit but it doesn’t get them to commit.

any techniques, or opinions for 100 degree schooling bass swim bait fishing.

Use the 9in glide to draw the biggest one in and then flip the wacky rig in. Swimbaits are a tool, if the fish aren’t interested in them then there’s not much you can do and you gotta move on to your next tool that will get the job done.

11 hours ago, MattGbaz said:

Use the 9in glide to draw the biggest one in and then flip the wacky rig in.

Committed to the big bait game! Might have to drag my kid along this weekend to let him wacky fish them.

5 hours ago, chevro1et said:

Try burning a jointed swimmer like a Bullshad or Triple Trout to trigger a straight up reaction bite.

I have been throwing the UFO at all speeds. Also a bullgill 5". 

Maybe a wacky rigged 68 Hudd will do the trick! HAHA

I like my floating mattlure hardgill. Throw it as shallow as you can parallel to the bank and slow wake it or burn it back. Usually I fish it slow. They like to pin it against the bank. I do better throwing extremely shallow and making them go get it than I do throwing it to them. 

This is what happens when I downsize!! Craziness! And yes the carp actually ate the rat, I didn't snag it.

Fun day of fishing, I thought I had a huge bass, didn't even know the carp took it until I realize my line was 20 feet away!

Also never knew bluegill ate rats haha!

IMG_20200521_174510.jpg

IMG_20200521_185830.jpg

IMG_20200521_202937.jpg

Just had this same scenario yesterday with a pack of seven or so bass cruising ultra shallow smashing small bluegill. Something I wished I had with me was a soft bluegill imitator like a Mattlures U2 or a Yunique gill. I would fish on the bottom...casting ahead of the school and rip it along underneath as they swim by. That same day I was fishing a jerkbait (my favorite conventional bait) and noticed that the fish were responding very well when I ripped the bait through sparse vegetation or dug it into the bottom. Might be worth a shot, good luck!

5 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

Just had this same scenario yesterday with a pack of seven or so bass cruising ultra shallow smashing small bluegill. Something I wished I had with me was a soft bluegill imitator like a Mattlures U2 or a Yunique gill. I would fish on the bottom...casting ahead of the school and rip it along underneath as they swim by. That same day I was fishing a jerkbait (my favorite conventional bait) and noticed that the fish were responding very well when I ripped the bait through sparse vegetation or dug it into the bottom. Might be worth a shot, good luck!

I was honestly thinking about a small hudd gill or something.

4 hours ago, marc626 said:

On your weekend night trips. Try out the same shellcracker you used before and a bigger rat bait.

The issue is the pack moves around the lake, idk where they are at night yet.