Glidebait and Swimbait Fishing

510_fisherman

I am just getting into Swimbait and Glidebait fishing. I have caught a couple fish on the S-Waver 168s. I am starting to want to take it a little more seriously. I am looking for a rod  and reel that I can use for throwing glides that are 1-3oz. I also would like to be able throw some softbaits such as the hud 68. I would also use it for frogs. I have looked at the Megabass Hyuga so far and have fished with it. Let me know if you have any tips for a beginner.

If u can spend 200 ish bucks, I'd get the phenix M1 mh swimbait rod. It's super nice and light weight and has a super unique handle that has carbon all the way to the rod but and no cork. This allows for ultimate sensitivity, especially coming into play while throwing soft baits and detecting super subtle bites. Great rod and rod tip gives enough to chuck smaller treble bait like ur s waver or the more luxurious baits ur gonna want soon like Roman made negotiators or drt tiny klashes. They have em on tackle warehouse.

You want fast action for froggin and jig hook soft plastics, or a moderate action for treble baits. If you want a do-it-all I would recommend a moderate-fast rod in the longest possible length you feel accurate with close combat (frogs). 

4 hours ago, chilean_turkey said:

If u can spend 200 ish bucks, I'd get the phenix M1 mh swimbait rod. It's super nice and light weight and has a super unique handle that has carbon all the way to the rod but and no cork. This allows for ultimate sensitivity, especially coming into play while throwing soft baits and detecting super subtle bites. Great rod and rod tip gives enough to chuck smaller treble bait like ur s waver or the more luxurious baits ur gonna want soon like Roman made negotiators or drt tiny klashes. They have em on tackle warehouse.

The Phenix m1 swimbait was my first swimbait rod and i loved it. Its a great rod for the price, and id recommend a tranx 200 or 300