PayPal stinks.... Any Alternatives?

Snookonfly

SU community,

Has anyone else had problems with them?
What’s your story?  Tell it here! 

I have a couple people in my network on SU who have experienced PayPal locking accounts and asking for details on transactions or even requiring photo ID.  Huge overstep in my opinion.  We are just buying baits. 

Looking for a plan B payment solution with purchase protection.  Would like to hear what other payment solutions you guys have used and have been happy with...

Would be cool to see SU adopt a second option so we could have choices to send/receive cash on the SU BM.

Been using PayPal for as long as it's been around, don't even want to know the amount of transactions I've made through it..

Zero issues.

I can't imagine why PayPal would lock an account or ask for an ID, when sending money or purchasing from a website.

I can’t imagine why either.  When you call, They won’t tell why. The only reason given is they need to identify the person behind the account with no other back story.  Also, For my case, I have never collected money...Only purchased so I’m not a business that’s hiding. Just a random dude that fishes and buys baits.  It’s as dumb as it gets. 

Im in the process of a "locked" account right now. I bought a bait from a fairly well known maker a couple of weeks ago and instantly got a message that payment was pending instead of going right through. He got the money right then but for some reason my acct was "flagged". 

2 days later got an email that my acct was limited and they wanted details of that transaction. I sent the message that I bought a fishing lure. Never had a response and still limited acct.

This morning I got another email saying my acct is limited further now I cant do anything. They want me to send a picture of my ID and proof of my address. Also want to know the details of my buisness wich I dont have a buisness.

Ive had the acct for years and made tons of transactions here, online shopping and with friends and family. 

Have no idea whats up and would like to explore other options.

24 minutes ago, A7T3C said:

Been using PayPal for as long as it's been around, don't even want to know the amount of transactions I've made through it..

Zero issues.

I can't imagine why PayPal would lock an account or ask for an ID, when sending money or purchasing from a website.

Same here. I use them every time it’s an option when I buy anything. 
That does seem over the top asking for a photo Id.  You sure it legit?

1 minute ago, EcBasser said:

Same here. I use them every time it’s an option when I buy anything. 
That does seem over the top asking for a photo Id.  You sure it legit?

It’s legit. Called into PayPal’s official 1-800.  They are randomly locking accounts.

1 hour ago, A7T3C said:

Zero issues.

Same as above with maybe a couple more transactions

1. Make sure your account is verified 

2. always use the notes/comments section, write something simple and legit “toxic baits from Monday’s drop” etc 

3. Keep your info updated 

never had an issue with them, used them for all my sales when I was selling baits commercially for saltwater/stripers 

their dispute/issue center has been great 

my buddy use to think it was funny putting comments in like “sexual favors” or “one night stand cab fair” and his account and anyone he was sending $ to got flagged and it was a huge PIA. So don’t do that! 

Only have had two issues with PayPal.

1. If they don't recognize email you got problems. Usually happens when I mistype.

2. They now process before item is shipped. I am curious what happens to 90 day deliveries etc.  Have never had to get a refund tho. 

On 6/7/2020 at 6:39 AM, Snookonfly said:

Has anyone else had problems with them?

Yes. And if you guys want to know why they're 'randomly' locking people out or whatever excuse they're giving the real reason is they've become compromised. They're too big and can't confirm the thousands of independent vendors they contract with. Those who have never had a problem with them? Just wait. You will.

On 6/7/2020 at 11:02 AM, A7T3C said:

Zero issues.

Same here