Bite-Sized Gill

danthefisherman

4 hours ago, chefchris said:

@danthefishermanbait is sick looking, i would love to test one, bone, orange belly and send it! 

you going to just do a glide? would probably make a sick crankdown as well, circuit board lip 

Yessir, a crankdown is the main model I'm shooting for! I've been getting lots of fish running crankbaits into cover on the river, so I wanted to make something bigger that will deflect off the thick stuff and draw bigger bites. Figured I'd try for a glide/twitchbait first and move on after I either succeed or give up haha

13 hours ago, Rogervang said:

Hey I'll buy you some silicone if you let me get at one when your done hahahaha bait looks good man. A cranker will definitely draw out the bites. 

Seriously, I’ll throw in if it moves this project forward same with getting you guys an injector to make more of those dominator shads 

16 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Seriously, I’ll throw in if it moves this project forward same with getting you guys an injector to make more of those dominator shads 

Just bit the bullet and ordered a case of mold release and some extra silicone this morning, so we should be good to proceed once it arrives. After I get these new hard baits dialed we'll consider looking into injectors. Still looking around for a good locking model that's not too pricey, but even after we find one we'll have to remake all our soft bait molds to accommodate it. We have lots of work ahead haha

Dan My Man!... Super proud and inspired by you bro love your due diligence and commitment. I look forward to supporting you and your future endeavors for years to come. You’re humility & candor really resonates with me & others. It’s Refreshing to watch a genuinely good dude progress... Actually scratch that Arrive:)

Welcome to your greatness! (#Emoji)

As a man I embrace that initial twinge of  competitive bitterness and stomp it out As I have no room in my heart for hate it’s got too much love for Life and Dope ish like this. 

I think the only thing to parallel my love For the pursuit of the hunt, is positive interaction & creating... And thereby the pursuit of personal greatness. Glad to have meet you on this journey... Even from afar,

It’s an honor.

Keep on keeping on brother

Keep on Keeping on.

image.jpg

4 hours ago, BigBaitThirty said:

Dan My Man!... Super proud and inspired by you bro love your due diligence and commitment. I look forward to supporting you and your future endeavors for years to come. You’re humility & candor really resonates with me & others. It’s Refreshing to watch a genuinely good dude progress... Actually scratch that Arrive:)

Welcome to your greatness! (#Emoji)

As a man I embrace that initial twinge of  competitive bitterness and stomp it out As I have no room in my heart for hate it’s got too much love for Life and Dope ish like this. 

I think the only thing to parallel my love For the pursuit of the hunt, is positive interaction & creating... And thereby the pursuit of personal greatness. Glad to have meet you on this journey... Even from afar,

It’s an honor.

Keep on keeping on brother

Keep on Keeping on.

Justin, thank you so much for the encouraging words of affirmation. I likewise have always enjoyed following along with your builds and talking bait making every once and awhile. Can hardly say I've arrived at greatness, but I am extremely thankful for the years of crafting I have been able to experience nonetheless.

It truly is a blessing from God that I have the freedoms and time to be able to pursue my passions for fishing and building. From supportive friends, family, and strangers to having the physical capabilities and resources to build and fish...reclecting on how far I've come and all the things that have enabled me to come this far leaves me humbled and grateful. I thank @swimbaitunderground for providing the platform for us to thrive as anglers and artists. I thank the amazing community here on SU for always being so positive and encouraging and even stepping up to get me started throwing swimbaits in the first place. I will never forget the kindness of those members and all the blessings I have received, which motivates me to make the most of the opportunities given to me and put my best foot in all I do.

Again, thanks Justin and thanks SU!

Tight lines and happy building

Dan