Bite-Sized Gill

danthefisherman

On 7/21/2020 at 2:50 PM, El_Weruso said:

We're all placing orders with Dan before he has released any hahaha We've got your pre-order list taken care of @danthefisherman :grin: 

Yessir, I very much appreciate everyone's confidence in my crafting abilities...hoping not to disappoint :D

52 minutes ago, Niki814 said:

If they are anything like the bravo or mauler they are gunna be killer

That's what I've been saying! Both baits were designed by my brother @porkmeatballs so I don't get the credit for those. He has a much better track record of actually completing his builds, so I'm just hoping to at least get on his level in that sense :P

10 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

That's what I've been saying! Both baits were designed by my brother @porkmeatballs so I don't get the credit for those. He has a much better track record of actually completing his builds, so I'm just hoping to at least get on his level in that sense :P

You got him watching over tho. You got it it already looks good. You got all of use rooting for ya an waitin for a bait

Build update: finally began the molding process after being out of town a bit. Had to rework the clay twice because the mold was too small at first. Also the scales and wood began to chip and flake the more I tried to clean up all the little detailing, so I didn't do too much polishing work after priming for fear that I would do more harm than help. Overall very pleased with how my crude lego mold is turning out. On to pouring silicone!

20200723_153714-01.thumb.jpeg.519694603d096c6f7b51bc34705712ef.jpeg

Build update: Made my first pour and "glide" prototype and was pretty underwhelmed with the action as expected. The bait has enough mass to be able to add lots of ballast and make it stable, but it just isn't the right shape to allow an orientation to get it to glide on a steady retrieve. I'll continue messing around with it though and maybe make a few twitch gills to fish in and around cover.

Moving on, here's my first attempt at a wake version. I made this lil crash dummy sporting a makeshift tail cut from scrap plastic. It moves a lot of water in the bathtub. Will be testing it tomorrow at the river to see how good it is at waking at different speeds and deflecting off of shallow cover.

20200728_191315-01.thumb.jpeg.5537c6136c4794ff27c2d6b3a8999976.jpeg

47 minutes ago, danthefisherman said:

Build update: Made my first pour and "glide" prototype and was pretty underwhelmed with the action as expected. The bait has enough mass to be able to add lots of ballast and make it stable, but it just isn't the right shape to allow an orientation to get it to glide on a steady retrieve. I'll continue messing around with it though and maybe make a few twitch gills to fish in and around cover.

Moving on, here's my first attempt at a wake version. I made this lil crash dummy sporting a makeshift tail cut from scrap plastic. It moves a lot of water in the bathtub. Will be testing it tomorrow at the river to see how good it is at waking at different speeds and deflecting off of shallow cover.

20200728_191315-01.thumb.jpeg.5537c6136c4794ff27c2d6b3a8999976.jpeg

Put me down for a twitch gill or a wake/crank