Crawfish Swimbaits

fishratt

This has been on my mind for a while now. Why is it that nearly all swimbaits out there imitate some sort of baitfish (trout, bluegill, Shad, carp, ect.)? 

It seems like there is a missed opportunity with craw imitators. Big fish eat craws. In the 70’s and 80’s guys were catching fish up to 20 lbs in California using purely live craws. Why doesn’t anyone make a big bait mimicking a craw? 

I know we have jigs. But I’m taking about an actually realistic craw bait, good enough to be fished ultra slow, and big enough to have some real draw power. What do you guys think? Brilliant or stupid? 

Chase baits makes a craw 

Yozuri used to make one in not sure if they still do but I'm sure you can find them on line it was a hard plastic and probably at least 5" you tied onto the tail so you'd pop it and the tail would kick like a craw trying to swim away

Here you go, hogy lobster, 8” and 4oz, use to jig em on a 2-4oz jig heads for stripers. They crush 

dead horse customs use to make the sickest craw on there 

another option is the tiki wave lobster on a weighted owner swimbait hook, I have a bunch of these from the original maker days 

038E87A0-708C-4F2C-9D6B-A5671A10820C.png

22 hours ago, MillerDaPikeKiller said:

I owned this masterpiece for a while.. Melosh articulating crawfish.. It had 6 joints on it and stood up in a fighting position on the bottom and the front arms would move.. One of a kind 

20200626_224113.png

That thing is awesome? Anybody make it? 

On 6/26/2020 at 7:47 PM, MillerDaPikeKiller said:

I owned this masterpiece for a while.. Melosh articulating crawfish.. It had 6 joints on it and stood up in a fighting position on the bottom and the front arms would move.. One of a kind 

20200626_224113.png

Awesome craw but the hook is pointing in the wrong direction in relation to the line tie. Usually u want the hook points to point toward the line tie 

Did u ever fish it? If so, how was hook up ratio? 

On 6/26/2020 at 7:47 PM, MillerDaPikeKiller said:

20200626_224113.png

Everything Melosh did was a masterpiece