8" Gliding Gizzard (High Power Swimbaits)

jiggerjake

Thinking about placing an order from Fish Atlanta Guide Service for one of his 8" Gliding Gizzards(SSsink/suspending). Anyone have experience with these ? There is currently a 4 month wait on them so I'm hoping they're worth the wait if I order one.

Edited by jiggerjake

21 minutes ago, jiggerjake said:

Thinking about placing an order from Fish Atlanta Guide Service for one of his 8" Gliding Gizzards(SSsink/suspending). Anyone have experience with these ? There is currently a 4 month wait on them so I'm hoping they're worth the wait if I order one.

I’ve been wanting one how much are they if I order one it’ll be after fall when it (fishing) slows down in nj replacing baits I loose n paying for the few I have coming n being made has me stretched alittle thin in the pocket n my wife is starting to throw baits with me which as we know is coastly but after this season I want to order 2 one for me one for her

32 minutes ago, BassJunkie said:

I’ve been wanting one how much are they if I order one it’ll be after fall when it (fishing) slows down in nj replacing baits I loose n paying for the few I have coming n being made has me stretched alittle thin in the pocket n my wife is starting to throw baits with me which as we know is coastly but after this season I want to order 2 one for me one for her

I hope your wife is a better caster than mine.  I swear out of 50 casts, 49 of her casts are aimed at catching bass and 1 is aimed at catching squirrels.

Bought a 6 inch...took a while but it was beautiful when I got it...

Unfortunately, I fished for a couple days on the TN River and it turned pink.  Asked for help but was told the epoxy turns that color w enough UV...Maker told me to sell it as someone would want it if I didn’t want it.  Wish this wasn’t my experience because they are amazing looking as new baits. :(

33 minutes ago, Snookonfly said:

Unfortunately, I fished for a couple days on the TN River and it turned pink.  Asked for help but was told the epoxy turns that color w enough UV...Maker told me to sell it as someone would want it if I didn’t want it.  Wish this wasn’t my experience because they are amazing looking as new baits. :(

That’s BS, as a bait maker there’s plenty of epoxied that will NEVER yellow regardless of how much time in the water or the sun. 

its funny how this is excepted in the swimbait world for triple digit prices when in the striper/tuna world baits are built to withstand 200lb fish, don’t yellow, don’t fall apart and are $100 tops and if they did fall apart guys wouldn’t support them and everyone would know of the issues. 

prices are usually $25-$100, unless your talking some of the small batch wood baits for GT/Tuna) 

2 hours ago, BassJunkie said:

He's quoted me $135 for the 6" and $150 for the 8". Now I'm a little leary about getting the 8" if it's going to be finicky on the retrieval.Maybe just order the 6" or look around for a Chad Shad.

2 minutes ago, chefchris said:

That’s BS, as a bait maker there’s plenty of epoxied that will NEVER yellow regardless of how much time in the water or the sun. 

its funny how this is excepted in the swimbait world for triple digit prices when in the striper/tuna world baits are built to withstand 200lb fish, don’t yellow, don’t fall apart and are $100 tops and if they did fall apart guys wouldn’t support them and everyone would know of the issues. 

prices are usually $25-$100, unless your talking some of the small batch wood baits for GT/Tuna) 

Yes there are but all epoxied and paints aren't equal. All have trade offs. Not BS just facts. One reason I use the clear coat mix I do is hardness.  Others use a softer epoxy, auto clearcoat etc. If you will look on the other thread with Brian's photos you see a guy who fishes in sunny Florida with a broad range of my baits over the past several years. He has some yellowing on a couple older ones. But overall if there was a big issue outside of exposure to extreme heat you would see it there or on others baits. 

53 minutes ago, Snookonfly said:

Always a little bit more to the story to give a true perspective. The bait in question was discontinued at the time and was asked about it months after being received.   I had no way to make them at the time and hadnt planned on making more. So I suggested selling it for the easier option and was thinking you could make some extra on it from my perspective at the time.  If I had been able to make more they still would have yellowed if put in the same conditions as that same bait.  It's still the clear mixture I use now.  The pink came from the yellow causing the pink pigments to show more behind the yellowed clear coat. 

1 hour ago, waynem said:

I hope your wife is a better caster than mine.  I swear out of 50 casts, 49 of her casts are aimed at catching bass and 1 is aimed at catching squirrels.

She’s learning I’ll leave it at that

57 minutes ago, High Power Swimbaits said:

Always a little bit more to the story to give a true perspective. The bait in question was discontinued at the time and was asked about it months after being received.   I had no way to make them at the time and hadnt planned on making more. So I suggested selling it for the easier option and was thinking you could make some extra on it from my perspective at the time.  If I had been able to make more they still would have yellowed if put in the same conditions as that same bait.  It's still the clear mixture I use now.  The pink came from the yellow causing the pink pigments to show more behind the yellowed clear coat. 

Glad you provided your side of the story but your “True perspective” comment infers that I made something up or mis represented something which I have not.

Really your answer confirms my perspective and experience.  I bought a bait from you..barely fished it and it turned pink.  Just not something I’d expect from a well made expensive bait.  You have your reasons noted above on why you didn’t help me after I reached out but I would have liked to see you help me out with another bait.  It’s an unfortunate experience as I liked the bait and wanted to fish it.  In fact, I would have bought other baits from you...now, due to the experience, it’s hard to rationalize buying any more. 

A $150 new Deps usually noses up (my experience) and an expensive new Gancraft seems to have leaky joint issues (friends experience), and those are mass produced ABS. At least these have labor hours in them to justify the cost and to a degree. 

13 hours ago, Snookonfly said:

There is a fairly common phenomenon in some plastics called "pinking" that is caused by phenolic antioxidants which are part of the formulation.  When this happens in plastics you can reverse the pinking by exposure to sunlight or UV light.  I don't know if this applies to your bait, but its probably worth laying the bait out in strong sunlight for several hours to see if the pink cast disappears.

I think his baits are well built fish catching machines. So what if it pinks up a lil bit or turns yellow slightly over time. If somebody doesn't like a bait because of that -then don't buy them. leave them for the rest of us to fish!! And maybe they should stick to indoor activities. The bait maker makes they're baits a certain way and im sure they do not appreciate somebody's half a minute idea suggestion on how it could be done better especially when they spent countless time designing the bait. Im on hps with this one you should of just sold it to somebody and turned a profit then put them on blast to everybody for something so little and is designed into that bait

Edited by GoblinSlayer