Boat no nos

Kyle1387

lately I feel like I've been getting super superstitious when fishing and was wondering what everyone else's "boat no no's"

2 of the biggest ive noticed lately is if I well a big fish for end of the day photos my bite dies immediately 

Another is filling the livewell immediately. Hate having to fill it with a fish inside but it seems whenever I fill it at the ramp no fish ever go in it!

Livewell pumps make a lot of noise, when you pull your boat out of the water at the end of the day leave your well on. It is a significant amount of noise. I fill mine initially by removing the well plug, this allows it to fill without noise about 1/3. Once I throw a fish in it, I turn the recirculating pumps on, then I give it an hour or two and if my bite shuts off I get my pics and release her. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. 

3F0BD6DD-C02C-47EC-9C49-BA12ABB43928.jpeg

Edited by Phiderman

3 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

Everytime I get the scale ready to start a trip I jinx myself. Same deal when I took an pic of pond conditions before when launching. Haha. First cast fish another. 

First cast fish for sure. Also making sure everything is ready on my pontoon (net, camera, scale, measuring tape). Big fish seem much more likely to play when I’m just winging it.:-D

59 minutes ago, CC347 said:

Listening to any music seems to bring me some bad ju ju. 

Weird. Almost every big fish I've caught this year I've been listening to music/podcasts. I will say I won't listen to music unless I'm using headphones.

This is a funny subject  because  most bass fishermen (myself included) are usually superstitious about bass fishing but not about anything else.

I have a lucky hat, t-shirt, sweat shirt (I have been wearing for years) . My buddies give me hell about my lucky sweatshirt that is falling apart but I refuse to retire it because I think it actually helps me catch big bass because it is lucky. LOL

I say just go with whatever gives you confidence  to keep casting for that "Big Un" 

I got a lot of em! I can't wear underwear on the boat (there's a funny story about me qualifying for HS National Championship and College National Championship w/o them), no banana, make sure net is in the right area, and first cast is always 20 foot off the boat so I can't catch anything first cast. 

Just pre-fishing rituals like tying new leaders/knots and rigging the night before so I'm not wasting time in the morning or when I get to the water.  I guess the banana thing is subconscious but I've caught fish with them on board too.  Most of my boat no-nos relate to others at the ramp...peeves such as not using the prep area to prep your damn boat.  Annoying when folks take 20 minutes in the ramp.   

I have worn the same green Tilley broad brim hat since 2012.