I’m not crying, you’re crying!

Shane Snell

That feeling...... you know, when you’ve thrown up into your mouth a little bit and, the bile burns the back of your throat. Because you casted of a WCZ Battles Shad 7.5 and, a 9.0........ on two straight casts! All because you find a nick, in your top eyelet. You couldn’t have found it at 4 am, when you cleaned off all your eyelets with a q-tip. And, you know, could have buffed it out with 1 of the 135$ worth of Dremel bits you bought, for the purpose of fixing stuff like that..... I’m, almost literally, poopy pants about it. 

Sorry.... had to whine about it somewhere....

2 slammers in a row for me. Just started getting into swimbaiting at the time when it happened surprised I'm still alive after the heart attack it gave me both losing the slammers and telling my wife I lost not one but two 70 dollar swimbaits in the same night... 

1 hour ago, Ipleadthefish2 said:

Boy have I been there.... 2 250's... in 1 week.. didnt realize I had a messed up eyelit until I cast off the second. Tight lines!

Oh god....

1 hour ago, Seahaecker said:

2 slammers in a row for me. Just started getting into swimbaiting at the time when it happened surprised I'm still alive after the heart attack it gave me both losing the slammers and telling my wife I lost not one but two 70 dollar swimbaits in the same night... 

Gross...that’s turrible 

1 hour ago, dominioncaster said:

I lost a hardgill recently from similar circumstances. Still haven't gotten around to fixing the rod either. Just threw it in the corner. 

I almost went straight Bo Jackson, on that rod. But then, I would be down another $289. $135 in two baits and hooks was bad enough. Didn’t need to push it to $425..... 

I’ve been lucky. My worst was a new 250 when they came out. Paid $160 I think. Did it again a year or two later on the same bait same color. Other than that, a jillion swavers, realpreys and hudd. Ironically those are some of my best catchers. You learn to get over it quick. Shrug and move on...it’s just money

40 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

I’ve been lucky. My worst was a new 250 when they came out. Paid $160 I think. Did it again a year or two later on the same bait same color. Other than that, a jillion swavers, realpreys and hudd. Ironically those are some of my best catchers. You learn to get over it quick. Shrug and move on...it’s just money

I know,. I’m just being a baby about it. Plus, I really like having money to spend on more swim base. Versus, replace swim baits that I lost. The good news is, that I got the Nick taken out of the island, what about four minutes of work with a Dremel buffing bit

2 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

When braid first came out musky casters suggested sic tips. Most saltwater shops sell em. No worries ever. Pricey at about $10-20 per tip. 

Forgive my ignorance but, what are “sic tips”?

The river gods and one heretic beaver have stolen four good baits from me this summer: UFO Wake, freestyle shad painted by Pizz, perch baby wake, and a 9inch MS Slammer. Not to mention a handful of citizen 6's in the local peat bog/pond. All you can do is shrug and re-up.