NEW 6th Sense Miliken Swimbait Rod..

iFishLA

Just wondering if anybody has seen the new 6th Sense Milkmen Swimbait Rod? I guess just seeing what everybody’s thoughts are on it? Personally I already have a Rod for Swimbaits in that range, but I’m curious about it...https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/6th_Sense_Milliken_Series_Casting_Rods/descpage-MSCR.html

21 minutes ago, Kyle1387 said:

Nothing against the guy but I don't trust rods marketed by YouTubers. Let me know when tactical or butch drops a rod and I'll try it

For real. Makes me laugh so hard every time I hear someone say they’re using googan baits or a favorite rod. Just pure marketing to kids/ starting anglers who look up to them. Haha

1 hour ago, CaliBassin said:

For real. Makes me laugh so hard every time I hear someone say they’re using googan baits or a favorite rod. Just pure marketing to kids/ starting anglers who look up to them. Haha

It sucks cause they're baits actually are pretty damn good

They just made sure the plastic lasts half a bass and costs the same as Yamamotos lol

I’ve only tried their Crank baits and SpeedGlides and have caught plenty of fish on them is the only reason I was curious. I don’t know anything about the company or the guys who run it. I do know that anything with the word GOOGAN on it, I’m not buying.. I just can’t bring myself to do it. Lol

2 minutes ago, iFishLA said:

I’ve only tried their Crank baits and SpeedGlides and have caught plenty of fish on them is the only reason I was curious. I don’t know anything about the company or the guys who run it. I do know that anything with the word GOOGAN on it, I’m not buying.. I just can’t bring myself to do it. Lol

Just wait till the googan x DRT collab. Flippers wet dream

I feel the same way about the "youtube pros" with no real credibility (unlike Tactical & Butch) and pushing products but some could be legit. Casey, creator and president of 6th Sense, was just a guy that custom painted baits on ebay back in the early 2000s. He did awesome work with quick turnaround and I had a couple boxes full of cranks and topwaters that he did. Even did me a set of customs long after he had hit the big time for being an original customer. Great customer service and top notch work, caught on and kept growing and turned it into something bigger and better. But he was just another "guy" too back then. 

2 minutes ago, Unclefish4life said:

I feel the same way about the "youtube pros" with no real credibility (unlike Tactical & Butch) and pushing products but some could be legit. Casey, creator and president of 6th Sense, was just a guy that custom painted baits on ebay back in the early 2000s. He did awesome work with quick turnaround and I had a couple boxes full of cranks and topwaters that he did. Even did me a set of customs long after he had hit the big time for being an original customer. Great customer service and top notch work, caught on and kept growing and turned it into something bigger and better. But he was just another "guy" too back then. 

Yeah.. I have no gripes with 6th Sense, but I am definitely against the Googans, but only because of the name. A GOOGAN is a negative term we use down here for a hack fisherman..  So I won’t buy that brand for that reason. .. On another note. Anybody think there will be any DRT drops tonight or soon? 

10 minutes ago, Unclefish4life said:

Wasn't trying to bad mouth 6th. Their baits seem dope, just dont throw hardbaits. What I will say is typically I won't try bait brands that make rods. Same reason I won't try 13s lures. Rather see what general consensus is before I try. Who knows, their prolly the best rod on the market lol

2 minutes ago, Kyle1387 said:

Wasn't trying to bad mouth 6th. Their baits seem dope, just dont throw hardbaits. What I will say is typically I won't try bait brands that make rods. Same reason I won't try 13s lures. Rather see what general consensus is before I try. Who knows, their prolly the best rod on the market lol

No man, I get it. I'm the same way, fishing older model rods, reels, and baits that are tried and true. Usually let those crossovers and latest and greatest get the bugs and kinks worked out before jumping in. 

Hilarious how they market some of this stuff--this is the first line of the description on TW:

"Meticulously designed by renowned angler Ben Milliken..."

"Renowned angler," LMAO?? Dude's a YouTuber, and kind of a goofball at that. I'm sure every renowned angler who's been on the pro tour for decades takes offense at that. Do better TW.

Edited by 168 Rookie