USPS shipping delays

jdjtexas

I ordered some tiny klash tails two months ago, they got to the LA distrabution center then the tracking went to “in transit to next location” after a month of that i filed a missing package thing with them. After about a Week the tracking went completely blank saying it couldnt find the tracking number. Then i got an email from usps saying that “theres no evidence we ever had your package”. About half my packages since then have said “arriving late”, but it always seems like that happens when they get to the LA distrabution center, so id guess theyre low on workers right now. 

There are a ton, based on my experiences on personal orders and with work. I have had USPS 2-3 day come on time from DRT and my rod builder sent me a 2 day delivery that took 7. It's a crapshoot.

Also, if you order something that has to go through customs, there is a chance it will be in customs for a month before it gets out if it depends on the local post office, depending on shipping method. I bought some Gomexus knobs with the free shipping, they were in Miami customs since July 11th. They moved out of customs Aug 10th and they are arriving tomorrow. I bought a few pairs off of Amazon since they were added there and got those in 2 days as Amazon does.

I have also shipped items internationally that take a month to get out of Miami onto the next location.

Between work related packages, rod business parts, and personal purchases, I'd like to send UPS and USPS and anthrax letter right now.

Lost $250 reel, three broken rod blanks, overnight order that take 4 days, I get letters from USPS about taking the broken rods in as evidence for the insurance, but they drop the claim for the lost reel.  Eff em all.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:00 PM, Kyearsley said:

I ordered some tiny klash tails two months ago, they got to the LA distrabution center then the tracking went to “in transit to next location” after a month of that i filed a missing package thing with them. After about a Week the tracking went completely blank saying it couldnt find the tracking number. Then i got an email from usps saying that “theres no evidence we ever had your package”. About half my packages since then have said “arriving late”, but it always seems like that happens when they get to the LA distrabution center, so id guess theyre low on workers right now. 

Should I be concerned? I ordered a rod about a week ago. Tracking was updating, everything seemed fine...until it got to the LA distribution center. That was 4 days ago. Since then, no tracking updates, only says “in transit, arriving late”. Kinda biting my nails right now. Anyone else having the same problem with LA? Maybe it’s because it was shipped retail ground instead of priority?

17 minutes ago, 563fishing said:

Should I be concerned? I ordered a rod about a week ago. Tracking was updating, everything seemed fine...until it got to the LA distribution center. That was 4 days ago. Since then, no tracking updates, only says “in transit, arriving late”. Kinda biting my nails right now. Anyone else having the same problem with LA? Maybe it’s because it was shipped retail ground instead of priority?

I wouldnt be concerned, ive had some packages say “arriving late” for a week after getting to LA, then they just show up at my door

• 2 weeks later...

Update. DRT package still "in transit" since Aug 7 with no update. Tried filing a claim and USPS states that I cannot since theres no insurance on the package. Anyone have similar issues in regards to that?

On 8/12/2020 at 11:10 AM, Jinxd12 said:

For me its been weird. If shipping to a small town baits take quite a bit longer which is nail biting. But if its to a city its still 2-3 days like normal. My TK i ordered last weekend shows delivery to me today, so IDK why it would be radio silence.

I do recommend making an account on USPS.COM it lets you see all your packages and where they are at just by clicking informed delivery. Also lets you hide them from the wife because it shows delivery times usually haha!

Haha +1 this advice and get fedex and ups accounts while you’re at it! 

On 8/12/2020 at 10:00 AM, Kyearsley said:

Just got my package 2 days ago. Ordered it 3 months ago now