Spro Rat cutthroats

96straight

I was just up in the bighorn mountains and my dad and brother and big fly fishermen and I decided to try throwing a spro rat. My dad originally came up with the rat idea because there’s rat flys so I knew the perfect bait. In the first day I caught 4 over 20 inches(sadly only got pictures of the 2) The next day first cast on a 12 inch trout it broke off and it was the only one I had so I was heartbroken afterwards. I saw the rat in the fishes mouth three times and I couldn’t do anything about it. 

B4D16D3D-4708-4AA9-A480-0793A7BF8CAB.jpeg

EB3A21C4-5767-416D-954D-A9DF23A9269E.jpeg

52 minutes ago, basssavage24/7 said:

Dude he'll yeah that's awsome. I'm guessing is was the spro rat 25 size? I've been wanting to get one to throw for trout. 

It was the 25 size but I definitely could’ve gotten away with a bigger size.

1 hour ago, 96straight said:

It was the 25 size but I definitely could’ve gotten away with a bigger size.

Im sure, I'm into cranking down rats and I remember them saying there were Crankdown right of the box. Really cool to see some trout on it.

• 4 months later...

Dude so badass, I went to CO a few weeks ago, (early December) my first time out there. Was hoping for my first cutthroat. Did not cross that off my bucket list, some day I’ll get one.  I did slay the fish tho. Only one new species, a Cutbow while ice fishing. Did get a new strain of rainbow as well.