Your Top 3 Favorite Lure Makers

Ridgebaiter

Faves

MattLures - Arguably THE best bait maker there is (even if he doesn't have a conventional glide bait option, cough cough) taxidermy realistic baits that swim well, catch fish, and are available at working man's prices.

Burrito baits - Gail's a cool dude with great baits

Triple Trout - Scott's a cool dude with great baits too

Sh!t list

BeVel lures - I want my refund, damnit

On 1/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, CG_Fishes said:

Again I have to bring up Joe at real prey. His customer service is top notch and the baits match. I can't think of anyone else who will do completely custom colors and sink rates free of extra charge 

Mr. Zorba is another company that I really like, super cool baits at a very reasonable price. 

X2 for Mr. Zorba, not only are his baits some of the best looking out there, but he really went way above my expectations when i put in an order for a perch glide. Quiet a long time passed after i placed my order and honestly i had forgotten about it, so i sent him an email just wondering about the status. He replied quickly and was very apologetic saying that he had to move shops and had a lot of unexpected things happen during the process. He said my bait would ship that week and that he was going to double my order. Totally more then was necessary but it really showed that he was sorry for the delay and valued my business. 

My favorite bait maker is Caetano Swimbaits (myself) because I like making baits and catching bass on them and I caught my second largest bass ever on a wake bait made by me. ahah

Not counting myself, and based on the bait makers that made the baits I used to catch the biggest bass or numbers of larger than average fish I would select:

1- River2Sea

2- Savage Gear

3- Optimum

If I had to select a top 3 based on numbers of giant fish caught and popularity of baits I would select:

1- Huddleston

2- Deps

3- MS Slammer

If I had to select 3 individual persons for their talent, creativity and new ideas for great baits I would select:

1- Ken Huddleston

2- Matt Servant

3- Mike Shaw

Allan Cole and Kazumasa Okumura would be in a top 5. Also, Bill Murphy deserves a mention because I think he created the first big jointed wood trout imitating swimbaits, by cutting Rapalas in half, painting them like a trout and putting a soft plastic tail on them. I'm not sure if he made some of those trout plugs from scratch like Allan Cole, but he was fishing wood jointed trout swimbaits maybe a decade before Allan Cole invented the AC Plug. Murphy caught his 72lb 5 bass limit trolling those swimbaits at San Vicente Lake.

Toxic - variety of baits and just like the way dude handles business 

Black Dog Baits - G2 Shellcracker, Shellcrackers and Bubba are my fav gills like having 3 sizes of similar bait 

Stray Rats - Only have the Gilliath but damn she’s sweet

wanna throw Kuruoto Lures and Trap Bass in there for honorable mentions

Bucca - caught multiple pbs with em and great customer service. Good price too. Underrated cuz they aren’t as pretty as others. Probably would out fish  most high end baits. 

Zorba - high quality, reasonable price and great customer service. His paint jobs are insanely beautiful.

dreamsmasher - sent me a free bait multiple times w my orders, baits are quality and are pretty unique w action. 

toxic - baits have great action, great paint, ship fast, quite unique and are built with heavy components. Also customer service is amazing.

common trend is good customer service and built to fish hard. Can’t beat that. 

On 1/23/2021 at 9:50 AM, Gdimop96 said:

Real prey.

Hiro.

Kgb.

honorable mentions (J-rat, nates)

But my all time favorite lure is this bad boy so I can’t leave out evergreen.

FBDF8A96-351D-4426-9BDE-5E81C53585BE.jpeg

Right there with you!  That is one of my all time favorite baits, I have the bass pattern and the JDM red one!

with that said my top 3 are:

Megabass

Gan Craft

Deps