New England Ice Reports

Kyle1387

On 10/30/2020 at 12:55 PM, bassturds said:

I did well fish hudds all winter while an hour north or west was safe ice.   Hoping it’ll happen this winter. Been lucky the last few years 

MA is so weird in the winter but I do like how you can straddle that open water/ ice fishing line some winters. Drive an hour either way depending what you fancy haha. 

17 hours ago, NEbucketmouth19 said:

MA is so weird in the winter but I do like how you can straddle that open water/ ice fishing line some winters. Drive an hour either way depending what you fancy haha. 

It’s a great thing! One week it’s locked solid, the next week it’s open. 

I sure wouldn’t mind living in eastern Mass where theses a month of ice. I need the time to catch up on sleep and restock tackle/go over baits and gear. 5 months is too much. But it’s looking good for now. Should still have a couple more weeks anyway. I ice fish but I hate it haha. It’s not quite as bad now with a nice pop up and a heater. Gonna try my portable FF as well. I’ll be jigging up some crappies next month

9 hours ago, Gdimop96 said:

Had some warm nights here in south shore Ma, currently 60 degrees outside.. I haven’t been too consistent on the water lately got some dinks on the real prey alewife hoping to get atleast one good one before ice

The next 5-7 weeks are 1 of the best times on the South Shore + Cape to score a PB GIANT, I got a 7.4 along with 7.1 and a 6.11 in the last few weeks so keep at it and you will be rewarded. BTW my 7.4 was on a Real-Prey that LM pick up the RP as it was sitting still on the bottom in a Sea run herring feed Lake.

Black Jr LM.jpg

7.1 LM.jpg

7.4 LM.jpg

6.11 #2.jpg

1 hour ago, Dsouth said:

The next 5-7 weeks are 1 of the best times on the South Shore + Cape to score a PB GIANT, I got a 7.4 along with 7.1 and a 6.11 in the last few weeks so keep at it and you will be rewarded. BTW my 7.4 was on a Real-Prey that LM pick up the RP as it was sitting still on the bottom in a Sea run herring feed Lake.

Black Jr LM.jpg

7.1 LM.jpg

7.4 LM.jpg

6.11 #2.jpg

Great fish Dan

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 10:25 AM, bassturds said:

Open water all year down here in SE MA! It’s a beautiful thing! 

Thats crazy, I live in Southern Ct and we usually ice up by mid december. Hoping for a warm winter though. So far so good...